Has anybody had any luck changing any of the Backgrounds?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

princess_80854

Silver
Jul 16, 2007
I've been editing some of the various backgound png's. I just don't what directory they would go in. Nothing I've tried has worked so far. So, is there anyone else out there who's had any luck with this. I just need to know where to put them. Thanks!:laugh2:

Happy Modding

birdman0824

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
I think im close to tracking down changing the Apple logo on boot up. Ive managed to get my image to be the one to shrink down into the middle of the screen before the home screen pops up.

princess_80854

Silver
Jul 16, 2007
Cool. I would like to know how that turn out. I'm also interested in knowing if we could change the color of the keyboard too! lol :cool: It's addictive, one you start modding.

Britna

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Cool. I would like to know how that turn out. I'm also interested in knowing if we could change the color of the keyboard too! lol :cool: It's addictive, one you start modding.
I know, I was always too lazy to mod my PSP... but damn this is just so fun!

birdman0824

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
I believe the keyboard would be possible. If you look under /System/Library/Frameworks/UIKit.framework/ I believe some of those are the keyboard files :)

H

heespharm

here are some file names..

kb-std-transparent.png

kb-std-sms.png

kb-std-alt-shift-transparent.png

kb-std-alt-transparent.png

kb-std-email.png

kb-std-email-single.png

don't know where they go but those are the images you're looking for

princess_80854

Silver
Jul 16, 2007
I believe the keyboard would be possible. If you look under /System/Library/Frameworks/UIKit.framework/ I believe some of those are the keyboard files :)
Thanks for that info. I tried to install the "kb-std-sms" keyboard .png on the phone and it didn't work. I'll try again and see if maybe I typed something in wrong.

H

heespharm

Thanks for that info. I tried to install the "kb-std-sms" keyboard .png on the phone and it didn't work. I'll try again and see if maybe I typed something in wrong.
yeah i've replace all the keyboard files and nada... even tried deleting and putting back in the modded png... nada

.:MirrorminD:.

Bronze
Jul 17, 2007
Been working on this for a couple of days now, it seems at this point in time the keyboard and numerical keypad are un-changeable even if its just a color swap let alone actual edit. As for the background of the home screen, it seems that it is color code that very well could be hard coded into almost how bootloaders are on motos. We have a pretty decent discussion about this over at modmyiPhone.

Also we might have to wait for another program besides iPhoneinterface to come out or perhaps an update to it, because all the images are not viewable in that program nor are any of the animations, in iPhoneinterface you can only view/edit one animation and it is a .mov file - hope this helps some people

alb0zf1n3st

Silver
Jul 2, 2007
Yeah thats true.. I wonder if someone would make a gui based app like iPhone interface to move around or something like a drive