Has anyone dropped their iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by playerhater, Jul 13, 2007.

1. playerhater

playerhater New Member

Has anyone accidentally dropped their iPhone, perhaps causing it harm?

#1 playerhater, Jul 13, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2015
  2. ColsTiger

ColsTiger Zealot
    Gold

Dropped mine after about two days. Fell asleep watching TV with it in my hand and it slid down my leg onto the carpeted floor. Luckily there was no damage.:sick:

3. greenjbhsd

greenjbhsd Member
    Silver

3 times on the kitchen floor (hard tile, no damage other then a scuff on the side of the case).

6+ times down the carpeted steps in our house. Nothing I could see.

Few times off the counter I keep it on once I get home.

This seems like a lot, but I tend to be rough with electronics.

4. playerhater

playerhater New Member

I Almost had a slip up

i didn't get the iPhone to show off but i must admit from time to time i might pull it out. I did so while walking in a parking lot and almost dropped it on the pavement. Needless to say im researching new cases and keeping a tight grip on my baby.

5. askewed

askewed New Member
    Bronze

One on concrete the bevel has small scratches on two corners... which are covered by my new case...

6. billnye97

billnye97 Contributor
    Silver

I was chasing my cat down the basement stairs (it sounded like he was being murdered) and as soon as I hit the first step my iPhone flew out of its case and banged all the way down the stairs. I thought I was going to throw up but luckily no damage or scuff marks. :eek:

7. ColsTiger

ColsTiger Zealot
    Gold

Welcome to EiP!

You might want to think about some insurance rider on your homeowner's policy. with your luck, I don't see that iPhone lasting much longer.:mad:

8. Lips2000

Lips2000 Member
    Bronze

I truly do not want to offend you or anyone else but...

Do you have hands? :eek:

I have yet to drop it but just in case, I have the Incase on it.

Mark

9. DMcGrew

DMcGrew New Member
    Bronze

Butterfingers

10. greenjbhsd

greenjbhsd Member
    Silver

like I said, it sounds like a lot, but here is the thing, I don't use a case (to improve the grip). The majority of the times I drop it is when I get home from work, or on the weekend after coming into the house after cycling. Right now in Salt Lake City it is 100+ degrees, butterfingers is an understatement! Hands dripping with sweat, foggy glasses (get in the house and let the dogs out fast since they are barking like mad when I get home), horrible shoes to walk in, the whole 9 yards.

So far sweat has not damaged it for whatever that is worth. I will be getting a case this weekend actually and a rider on the homeowners is actually a really good idea!

11. iPhoneJones

iPhoneJones New Member
    Bronze

Yep. Just after I opened it. I was taking the sticky plastic off it and lost control. The phone bounced 3-4 times on my Pergo floor. It left a noticeable dent in the upper left corner. I was so bummed. I got an incase and love it. Hasn't slipped again.

12. Platinum

Platinum New Member
    Bronze

Yep, the Incase has great grip. Thankfully I never dropped it, but I knew that I would without getting a case with more grip.

13. ckphoto

ckphoto New Member

I was out to eat when I noticed a string on the top of my shirt pocket I grabbed it and gave it a quick swift pull to break it off and out flew my phone over my sons head and onto a slate floor about 10 feet away face down. I got super lucky no damage at all but I think it is because of the way it landed.

14. iBoss

iBoss Contributor
    Bronze

I hope anybody has! But if you did I feel for U!

15. rambo47

rambo47 Contributor
    Silver

Not me. I put a *Speck case and screen protector on it right in the store the second the Apple rep was done activating it.

I saw a woman in a Sprint store get one, activate it, and walk out all bubbly with excitement. As she stepped out the door she dropped it (no case on it) right onto the sidewalk and the screen shattered. A good 10 seconds of stunned silence and then tears. Her friends stood in silent horror, hands over mouths and eyes as big as saucers, then tried to console her. She had to re-activate her old flip phone from which she just upgraded until a new iPhone could be ordered and shipped. I have no idea if they replaced hers at no cost, if AppleCare covered it (or even if she had AppleCare). That is about as bad as it can get!

16. iBoss

iBoss Contributor
    Bronze

LoL! Now that's what a call EPiC FAiL!

17. Dj101

Dj101 Member
    Bronze

ive dropped mine several times....thats why it went straight into a lifeproof case

18. iBoss

iBoss Contributor
    Bronze

Lol my sister in law's 3 day iPhone 4S(black) was just dropped in a 5 gallon white paint bucket by my adorable niece. Im making fun of her now because she did want a white iPhone! So there it is! problem solved. I wish I would've being there to see her face!

Sent from my iPhone4(S) iCafe

19. canamera

canamera Zealot
    Gold

she would have been protected if she had her phone in a LifeProof case!

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

20. iBoss

iBoss Contributor
    Bronze

Yeah unfortunately she only had a bumper on it!

Sent from my iPhone4(S) iCafe