Has anyone else been getting this...hmm?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Keith Ellwood

Bronze
Jul 24, 2007
Cochranton, Pa
www.myspace.com
so after the update, i was fiddling around with it and you know how like the new update allows you to preset the home button to a certain thing, while my phone was in sleep or locked, i pressed the home button twice, and the screen to unlock it came up, with my ipod controls on the top with the volume bar and the play button, but you can press play all you want and nothing will happen, i don't have any songs on there but i doubt it would matter.

hmm it doesn't effect it at all just looks funny, i can still unlock it.
and it only happens when i press the home button twice while its in sleep mode.

mines special, woo!

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
Yes, this was actually on the iPhone before the update if I remember correctly. I use it all the time when I'm listening to music and need to pause for a minute or skip a song. It beats having to unlock it and then go to the iPod part of the phone. I love using it. It will even show you the name of the song that is currently playing when you double tap the home button (though it will show you the current song playing under the time when you turn the phone on).

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
The double-click on the home button to control the iPod function is new with the 1.1.1 update. There was no double-click function for the home button at all before that.
However, seeing the iPod screen of what is playing while it's locked has been present the entire time. Interaction while the phone is locked is new.