Has anyone else noticed a lack of responsiveness when scrolling down friends lists in Facebook?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TH55, Feb 17, 2013.

1. TH55

TH55 Member
    Bronze

In Facebook mobile when you scroll through friends lists now every third swipe to scroll down doesn't respond. Extremely annoying.

2. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

I have no lack of responsiveness whatsoever. I didn't count the swipes I needed to go down my entire list, but it was more than three. See my output below:

iPhone 5 / iOS 6.1 here, what configuration do you have?

3. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I'll get the popcorn. But when it runs out...

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I don't use Facebook anymore, but I didn't have that problem when I did. There are a lot of possible causes for this, but I'd start with a hard reset. If that doesn't work, try resetting all settings. Which phone and firmware version do you have and is it stock or jailbroken?

5. TH55

TH55 Member
    Bronze

I'm talking about Facebook's mobile site, not the app.

6. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

I just tried going to m.facebook.com and when I tap on Friends, it doesn't list all of them. Instead, it lists a few friends under each of three categories: Online Friends, New Friends, and Recently Contacted. I don't see a way to make it list all of your friends. Because of this, the list isn't even long enough to give it time to gain any speed in scrolling, and hence, I get no lag or lack of responsiveness whatsoever.

If you have the specific URL you are using in order to get the mobile site to list ALL of your friends, share it and I'll be happy to test it for sluggishness. Leave out the "&user=##########" part if you don't want to expose your personal FB page.

I also would suggest to try the app instead of the mobile site and see if you get better performance out of it while scrolling through your friends list.

7. TH55

TH55 Member
    Bronze

The mobile site does not have the "recently added, online, etc" categories when viewing someone else's friends list. It is simply a list that you have to keep scrolling down and loads 20 or so at a time. I am still running iOS 5.1 however so that might have something to do with it.

8. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Why not update to 6.1.1? There's an untethered jailbreak available and a restore will likely fix this problem.

9. TH55

TH55 Member
    Bronze

I would like to, but for some stupid reason several of the main tweaks I use are not available for the new 6.1.1 jailbreak. I read the list but can't find it now and so don't remember exactly which ones aren't but I know there were several of them, maybe you can tell me. Here are my mainstays:

Swipenav
    Sleipnizer
    DeleteWord
    NoSpot
    Call bar
    Shake to undo killer
    Zephyr
    Double @@
    Transparent status bar
    Weather icon

Also, I've heard mixed-bad things about the new Google Maps and Apples new native map program.

10. TH55

TH55 Member
    Bronze

Do these work in the 6.0 jailbreak?

Sent using iCafe app

11. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Here's the 6.1 - 6.1.2 jailbreak compatibility for the apps you listed:

CallBar - yes
    DeleteWord - yes
    Double At - yes