has anyone else noticed Safari crashing a lot more w/ 1.0.2?

iPhone69

Bronze
Jul 13, 2007
South Florida
by choice i did not update past 1.0.1 until one week ago. Now that i have had the new update for one week I think it is fair to make this accusation. Hopefully I am not alone on this and Apple can fix it if it becoming more of a problem.

ps49556n

Silver
Jun 21, 2007
NYC
by choice i did not update past 1.0.1 until one week ago. Now that i have had the new update for one week I think it is fair to make this accusation. Hopefully I am not alone on this and Apple can fix it if it becoming more of a problem.
Why would you not upgrade by choice? LOL.

BTW I have not had my phone crash ONCE since 1.01 and 1.02 is the same.

jakkyl

Bronze
Aug 25, 2007
Nope, mine crashed intermittently with the 1.01 update but it seems much better with the 1.02 update. The only time mine ever seems to crash now is if I'm using a 3rd party application (native, not Web based) which is understandable since people are still just figuring out how to program for the thing. I use Safari quite a bit and never have any problems with it.

Kev1000000

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
I noticed this as well. Almost never happened to me before 1.0.2, but now it happens to me daily. Very, very, annoying.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
I have about 4 windows open, and am listening to music regularly at work. We have firewalls up that prevent us from browsing the net on our breaks, so thats when I use my iPhone. 15 minutes of usage twice a day has yet to crash me in 1.0.2.

I am visiting worpdress blogs for news, they are not very robust sites, perhaps the sites you are visiting have scripting errors or things which Safari has issues trying to parse when it renders the page.

Aug 3, 2007
I feel like I've only started to see mine crash since reading about other people's crashing.

There are definitely some weird things going on there. Does it crash as much as my old Treo 650........ hells no!

cherry ghost

Bronze
Aug 18, 2007
i feel like mine is crashing more too. its not a ton, but maybe 2-3 times a day rather than 2-3 times a week. i'm sure the bugs will be worked out eventually.