Has anyone else seen this yet?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hawk, Jul 6, 2012.

1. Hawk

Hawk Genius
    Gold

This is from ZAGG's community blog, but it has pics of what they believe to be is the next iphone- complete with smaller dock port, bottom located headphone jack, and uni-body construction. The black pic shows the body without the next "top piece" in place, and the white one has the "top piece" in place (it's not the screen).
    Personally, it looks good, but also reminds me a lot of those Chinese knock-offs, so I cannot say I think its real.
    http://www.zagg.com/community/blog/fire-fire-the-new-iphone-design-confirmed-via-jkhowland/?utm_source=SilverpopMailing&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Content%20-%20Blog%20Highlights%20-%20062912%20-%20Not%20Sent%20Yet&utm_content=&spMailingID=4461491&spUserID=OTg5OTA5NDc3OAS2&spJobID=47452766&spReportId=NDc0NTI3NjYS1

2. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

This is a design which is all over the web and has been for a while, I think it is the next iPhone. I actually like the design. I don't car for a new dock connector, I don't care for a moved head-phone jack, as along as the screen is bigger and the phone and OS is lightning fast I'll be a happy man.

3. ericsinsideout

Gold

I think it's kind of a slap in the face if Apple decides to change the dock. If they do, we have to buy new docks, extra cables and new car chargers... lame...

4. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

I opened up an email from ZAGG today due to the catchy headline promising photos of the new iPhone. It was from June 6th.

5. Iloveiphones

Iloveiphones Genius
    Platinum

I pray to god that the headphone jack isn't moved!

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

6. medenblik

medenblik Contributor
    Silver

yeah moving the headphone jack is MESSED UP....why move it to the bottom, makes it useless, can't put it on a holster or leather pouch..

smaller dock......fine
    moving heaphone jack.....PLAIN STUPID

hoping for a 4 inch screen and quad core processor and 1 gig RAM and 64 GIG storage....

7. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

I think Apple know this, I honestly believe that if they change the dock connector they'll supply some form of adaptor - or make them cheaply available. The headphone jack re-location isn't really an issue for me.

8. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

Yeah I seen it but I keep thinking about it
    1st
    the earphoneplug on the buttom ? Not really a good place IMO I picture my iPhone stuck in my jeans pocket upside down. May not bother anybody but me. I also look at car mounts and stands where the buttom mount would not make sense.
    2nd
    the back plate looks like it is 2 pieces. Apple designs it's devices not that way. Besides why metal if you acquired gorilla glas 2 ?
    3rd
    the charging connector I do hope we go wireless (hope sooner then later). I hate cables. There is cloud now and OTA update so the average costumer needs no connection to sync (which I known some never updated their devices)
    There will be something new not available anywhere else. Afterall 4s wasn't much of a hardware change.
    The competition is fierce and they will set themselfs apart.
    I also wouldn't be surprised if at one point Apple goes into home monitoring.

9. ericsinsideout

Gold

I don't mind so much about the headphone jack on the bottom, most times my phone is in my pocket, it's upside down anyways. also, the idea of cable management comes to mind. if you have both power and headphones plugged in, they're coming out of the same end of the device, and that's fine by me.

10. jaydoc1

jaydoc1 Contributor
    Silver

Seems like a good idea to me.

11. Hondamaker

Hondamaker Genius
    Gold

Hawk! Where you been? BTW, that design is old news. :)

12. Hawk

Hawk Genius
    Gold

EiC is not allowed at work, and when I get home, I got plenty to do before shutting my eyes and starting all over again. I miss my peeps on here.
    I feel so lost when it comes to iPhone news lately...

13. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

Hmm I need to talk to Boss ....Well a lot of work is better then none! I hope yqu still like the job.

14. Watcher

Watcher Zealot
    Gold

I'm surprised most people haven't found some good bluetooth headset. I've been using one since the iPhone 3G came out. I don't think I've ever used Apple's supplied ear buds since those types of headphones never stay in my ears.

15. aknightstale41

Gold

The best bluetooth headphones bar none (imo anyway) is the Motorola S10-HD earbuds, they take and receive calls, your music sounds great, and they go really long on a single charge. I can't do wires anymore since these came out.
    http://www.motorola.com/us/consumers/S10-HD-Bluetooth®-stereo-headphones/71268,en_US,pd.html

16. ericsinsideout

Gold

I'm a firm believer that if you're going to listen to music, do it with a wire. I've never used the supplied earbuds that Apple packs with the iPhone/ipod, they're too big for my ears and hurt in no time at all. I use V-Moda headphones and they sound great, Bluetooth compresses the sound too much, not to mention the earbuds are lighter and more comfortable than something just hanging on my ear.

17. Hondamaker

Hondamaker Genius
    Gold

Hey, I'm glad you found work!

18. Hawk

Hawk Genius
    Gold

yes, I am too. Things started getting sketchy there for a while. But I got a remodification on my mortgage and everything else is going well, with just one credit card company not happy, even though I did send in a payment the entire time I was out of work- just not the amount they wanted.
    It was turned over to a collection agency, and then to a law firm, and well... Looks like I am going to be sued. I might declare bankruptcy instead, because they are still looking for far more a month than I can pay.