has anyone figured out the best way for Gmail?

theraker007

Bronze
Jun 15, 2007
Im so sick of getting every email twice.. on my computer and then 15 min later popping up on my phone after i already read it.

is there a way to stop this?

theotherallen

Bronze
Jun 16, 2007
i forward all my gmail email to my dotmac account. that problem was annoying me, too. but forwarding it all solved it.

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
Im so sick of getting every email twice.. on my computer and then 15 min later popping up on my phone after i already read it.

is there a way to stop this?
I am using a gmail filter to solve this, but I know it does not work for everyone.

ps49556n

Silver
Jun 21, 2007
NYC
There is no real solution to this issue....as was said you can make a filter but it trashes everything sent from you. This is a major issue for me and others who want to archive EVERY email.

thesaint

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
DFW
Delete the default Gmail on iPhone and later recreate it on iPhone using the POP server of Gmail. This worked or me.

svtguy08

Aug 4, 2007
CA
Well since the "push email" is offered through yahoo and its free, I setup a new yahoo account (cause my old, created years ago, would not "push") and have my gmail forwarded to the yahoo account. Thats setup on the computer. Then on the iPhone I setup only the Yahoo account. Now my mail from gmail shows up in gmail, yahoo and my iPhone. It works great and the Yahoo "push" is still pushing! :p

theraker007

Bronze
Jun 15, 2007
Delete the default Gmail on iPhone and later recreate it on iPhone using the POP server of Gmail. This worked or me.

this works every time and then liike it eventually wears out or something, and goes back to normal

ahduke99

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
Charleston aka Chucktown, SC
i just have it set up regularly. the only hope we have it that google will release add idle PUSH to gmail, but with a google phone coming, chances they do that to help the iPhone are slim.