Has anyone given up on 3G?

VasiliosKN

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
NY - Miami
I have 3G off at all times because it is sooo spotty. I have so many dropped calls, its totally annoying! My edge connection is not as fast, but its more reliable at this point.

So does anyone else leave 3G off unless using youtube/internet?

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
I only have my 3G off during the day at work to preserve the battery power. During my commute I have it on so i can benefit from the speed of searching the internet. My problem is with the WIFI. I can barely get a signal. When I'm home i turn off the 3G and use the WIFI signal in my house if i want to use iTunes and download stuff.

Edge is not as fast at all, but often times it's better than nothing. I have had only two dropped calls since i have had this phone so that is not a problem.

pdxrealtor

Bronze
Aug 7, 2008
Not only have tons of internet users given up on 3G, as of yesterday reports are popping up everywher saying people have flat out taken their phones back due to 3G reception issues.

smknSRT8

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
During my commute I have it on so i can benefit from the speed of searching the internet.
That sounds really safe! I would be careful while you are internet searching while commuting from home. Hope you don't live too far away!

pdxrealtor

Bronze
Aug 7, 2008
That sounds really safe! I would be careful while you are internet searching while commuting from home. Hope you don't live too far away!

LOL... that's funny. I thought the same thing at first, but then figured he probably is using public transportation.

mlass

Silver
Jun 19, 2007
I use 3G at home and work with no issues, but while driving around town is when I have issues (a lot of dropped calls).

I just need to remember to turn 3G off while outside of work or home, so when do get a call it doesn't drop.

Jeffois

Bronze
Jun 5, 2008
No complaints here. I'm on Lawn Guyland, and the 3G coverage is pretty good. Suffolk County folks who get significantly east of Huntington might beg to differ, but I'm lucky, I'm in a solid 3G area. I probably would have waited to get one if it were otherwise.

NateEssex

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
NJ
I've got the 3G and I'm lovin' it.

pdxrealtor

Bronze
Aug 7, 2008
For the last 2 posters, what MHz are you running off?

ldivinag

Bronze
Jul 29, 2008
N37 33* W122 3*
san francisco bay area...

so far... so good.

i expect 3G not to be everywhere here... but needing to check a movie start time while sitting in the mens room in walmart... priceless... ;)

oh wait. TMI....

lol................................

Kevio

Bronze
Jul 30, 2008
Rachet City
I live in a small city (compared to NYC, Dallas, etc) and 3G here is excellent. I don't turn it on unless im browsing or downloading apps, but I have full bars constantly when it's on. I love it.

rmfnla

Bronze

Dude, he lives in Jersey; he's probably commuting on a train.

I only use 3G for downloads; apps, e-mail sync; that sort of thing. Edge gives me better phone reception so that's what I use mostly.

Doesn't matter, though; this is the cool phone and cool is all that counts.

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
san francisco bay area...

so far... so good.

i expect 3G not to be everywhere here... but needing to check a movie start time while sitting in the mens room in walmart... priceless... ;)

oh wait. TMI....

lol................................
The guy from PhoneDog.com did speed tests and said 3G is slow there. You have any problems with speed?

HBOC

Bronze
Aug 4, 2008
Portland, Oregon
im in Portland, Or and no problems here thus far. Have had the phone for a few weeks.

NewAtThis

Bronze
Jul 5, 2008
I have a 3G connection at all times, if not wifi.

Jul 14, 2008
I will not give up and in fact, as of last night, I have two white 3G iPhones. They work that good. Yes they are on different phone numbers and activated with a family plan. 90% of my city I get 5 bars. The other 10% is about 3 bars.

Jul 17, 2007
baby oahu
AT&T is the best mobile service I ever had... 3G coverage is always at 5 bars no matter where, customer service is excellent 24 hours.... fewest drop calls like they said... changing the name cingular to AT&T.. cheap data plans $30, $5 for 200 SMS text... 5000 mins during weekends.. can't beat it

Jul 14, 2008
told you AT&T sucks ass especially the people working for them (customer service).
Actually both of my 3G phones are perfect! I am also very pleased with AT&T service.

Three times in the last month I had to call customer service. Two times, it was to change the number on each phone. Each time the rep was very pleasant and knowledgeable. The third time, was to have my pay as you go phone converted to a family plan so I could upgrade that phone to a 3G like my first one. I was told to go to the AT&T store. I was there maybe 10 minutes and the lady who helped me was also very nice and knowledgeable. I got home and the phone worked perfectly. I just upgraded that phone to a 3G last night.

AT&T customer service is awesome just like Apple.