Has anyone heard anything about flash with 2.0?

Kevhaz

Mar 24, 2008
I was just wondering if anyone had heard anymore aboiut flash for the 2.0 update?, I know it was abig deal for a while, now it seems like nobody says anything about it.

Ace4261991

Silver
Jun 18, 2007
no. no flash coming at least not for a long time. it was only a big deal for people that flame the iPhone and try to point out every little unnecessary thing it doesn't have

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
Flash would be great because there are a lot of websites with flash that we cannot view on the iPhone, but I think people just gave up hoping for it. It is always rumored before Keynotes but as soon as Steve is done talking the rumors die. Would be nice though.

jaydoc1

Contributor
Silver
Sep 23, 2007
I'm not sure how flash is unnecessary. Many websites are unviewable without it. My iPhone has been my favorite item for almost a year and now with 2.0 it's just that much better but I would like flash.

Ezekiel2517

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
id really just like to be able to watch videos that are in the flash format, i wish they would do something like what they did with youtube videos

Ace4261991

Silver
Jun 18, 2007
I'm not sure how flash is unnecessary. Many websites are unviewable without it. My iPhone has been my favorite item for almost a year and now with 2.0 it's just that much better but I would like flash.
idk i guess its just me then because ive had an iPhone every since the first one came out and i have yet to come across a site that i was not able to access because of the lack of flash on the iPhone

jaydoc1

Contributor
Silver
Sep 23, 2007
I've had one since almost the beginning. The BMW website is one that jumps immediately to mind, but there are a host of them I'm on fairly frequently that use it. Not enough to diminish the iPhone's value for me, but certainly enough to make me say, "Doh!" from time to time.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Adobe does have Flash running on the iPhone - in an emulator. However, whether or not they're in any talks with Apple is unknown to the public.

- John

coasts

Zealot
Gold
Jul 15, 2007
New York, NY
www.lomohomes.com
idk i guess its just me then because ive had an iPhone every since the first one came out and i have yet to come across a site that i was not able to access because of the lack of flash on the iPhone
you must not check menus online for new restaurants too often. many restaurants use flash sites and cannot be viewed via iPhone.

Ace4261991

Silver
Jun 18, 2007
you must not check menus online for new restaurants too often. many restaurants use flash sites and cannot be viewed via iPhone.
lol yeah i don't. and im sure the majority of iPhone users don't either

jaydoc1

Contributor
Silver
Sep 23, 2007
lol yeah i don't. and im sure the majority of iPhone users don't either

Yeah I don't quite understand your statement. It's sort of the major draw of the iPhone: the real internet in your pocket. That means Flash.

Ace4261991

Silver
Jun 18, 2007
Yeah I don't quite understand your statement. It's sort of the major draw of the iPhone: the real internet in your pocket. That means Flash.
i was referring to him saying "you must not go to resturant web sites..ect" and i was saying no i don't and im sure most people don't either. because he sounded surprised that i don't use my iPhones internet to look up resturants while im out wasting gas looking for resturants. i usually know where im gonna go before i leave the house

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
Actually I have had my iPhone also since it first came out and I can't tell you the number of sights I come across where you need flash, it's frustrating at times.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
When I get frustrated by the lack of flash, I often think about how many other smartphones can do embedded flash in a webpage.... how many are there? Not many. Of those that can, how enjoyable is that experience?

Flash is a medium that, right now, seems to be juuuust beyond current mobile capabilities. Throw in the user-interface "uniqueness" of the iPhone, and it's a double-headed challenge.