Has anyone heard anything....

DocRawk

Bronze
Jun 11, 2009
about whether either of the dev teams have a working JB for the 3G on 3.1 or not. I mean, I know that they haven't released one yet. I just wonder if they have one working but are waiting for the 25th to come so that it doesn't get patched or if they don't have one yet... Has anyone heard anything in IRC or anywhere else that would be reliable?

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
about whether either of the dev teams have a working JB for the 3G on 3.1 or not. I mean, I know that they haven't released one yet. I just wonder if they have one working but are waiting for the 25th to come so that it doesn't get patched or if they don't have one yet... Has anyone heard anything in IRC or anywhere else that would be reliable?

One is coming soon, I believe they are waiting until Friday is out of the way. The last I heard they had a working jailbreak but it wasn't very user friendly, so they were working on it.

DocRawk

Bronze
Jun 11, 2009
Come on...

I've read my share of "is the 3.1 jbroken yet" threads... my questions was concerning whether there was a working one in the wings waiting for the 25th to come and go... not "can I JB yet?" So get off your high horse. I know from reading here that there are people that talk to members of these dev teams, and I just wanted to know if there was any new info that hadn't been posted on the blogs.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Again Kaba? Didn't you learn from last time, lol? Just answer the questions and move on.

They're working on it Doc. I have a feeling we are going to hear something on Friday.

rojocrandall

Bronze
Mar 2, 2009
Come on...

I've read my share of "is the 3.1 jbroken yet" threads... my questions was concerning whether there was a working one in the wings waiting for the 25th to come and go... not "can I JB yet?" So get off your high horse. I know from reading here that there are people that talk to members of these dev teams, and I just wanted to know if there was any new info that hadn't been posted on the blogs.
Don't let it bother you @DocRawk - I appreciate this point of discussion.

Also - dev team(s) could be waiting to see about 3.1.1 - which I assume will be coming soon to address the 3.1 battery issue.

Last edited by a moderator:

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Come on...

And in a lot of those threads, a lot of members posted that it will probably be the 25th or after. Of course they're working on a JB for the 3G. Sorry if that came off offensive... It's just pretty redundant, is all.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Or just don't respond at all... especially if the question has already been answered. :eek:k:eek:k

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
It just depends if you want the thread to be one response and disappear or if you want it it keep popping up with justifications from both sides of the fence after they get offended.

RossMc

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2009
Newcastle, UK
I hope they find a way to unlock it with the baseband updated like they did with 3.0

Just because im worried if anything ever happens to my iPhone and it needs to be sent back to Apple and it comes back with 3.1 because I need the unlock :(

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Remember when all downloaded music was pirated? Then someone got smart and decided you can't stop them so you might as well join them, sell it legally, and profit from it.

Apple should profit on jailbreaking. They should offer an open source, restriction free, factory unlocked version of the 3GS for $899/$999. I'd buy it.

RossMc

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2009
Newcastle, UK
I also think you should be able to send your phone to Apple and pay to have it unlocked.

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Remember when all downloaded music was pirated? Then someone got smart and decided you can't stop them so you might as well join them, sell it legally, and profit from it.

Apple should profit on jailbreaking. They should offer an open source, restriction free, factory unlocked version of the 3GS for $899/$999. I'd buy it.
I don't know if I'd be willing to spend $1000 on a cell phone. I'd rather take a trip to Cancun again.

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
I don't know if I'd be willing to spend $1000 on a cell phone. I'd rather take a trip to Cancun again.
Cancun is AMAZING. We were there (group of 20 males) during Spring break 2006. Wild place. Although young Americans cant hold their drink at all.. we were usually hitting the clubs around 11pm after being in a few bars and most of the young US people were heading home hammered!

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Cancun is AMAZING. We were there (group of 20 males) during Spring break 2006. Wild place. Although young Americans cant hold their drink at all.. we were usually hitting the clubs around 11pm after being in a few bars and most of the young US people were heading home hammered!
Yes it is quite amazing! I was there last summer (2008) and will be going again in summer 2010. Don't group us all into a stereotype! There are plenty of us that CAN hold our alcohol! ;)

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Not saying everyone would, but a lot would. A lot of people are willing to pay to not have to jump through hoops, especially since those hoops are being raised higher with each new model. They would hold their value good and you could probably sell it for as much as you pay for it, just like we can with the current models. This will be especially true if we get to a point where all 3GS iPhones that weren't bought within the first 3 months of release or were bought within the first 3 months but updated to 3.1, become permanently locked.

Some people won't spend $100 to upgrade to the 3GS ;) They wouldn't be the target group.