Has anyone lost their iPhone and had it returned?

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
Just curious... i've heard a lot of stories about them being lost or stolen, but no happy endings.

blacksheep5

Bronze
Dec 15, 2007
Iraq
Well, it's now the 16th and no post so I guess that's a big "no".

iPhone4ef

Jul 9, 2007
My story:

I had bought an iPhone, at iDay, last year. I had it in one of those piece of junk casemate signature case with a swivel clip (see my review). A couple of weeks after getting it, it fell off without me noticing at a parking lot.

I didn't realize this until I got home (about a ten minute drive). So on the way back to the parking lot (had a hunch that's were I lost it), I called the phone and a person that found it answered. He told me he would wait for me at the parking lot. I was relieved when I got it back and gave the guy $30 for being honest.

So I'm one lucky guy to get it back, and the phone went naked since then in my pocket. It has now been replaced with a naked 3G:).

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
^^ Im really happy for you :laugh2:
-Cause some guy around EiC had a similar story but he called the phone and the guy answered everything, finally agreeing that they would meet somewhere. Well the guy never showed up to the meeting spot and the excuses began to get more ridiculous until ultimately the guy just wouldn't even answer the phone :(

So hearing a story of someone who has lost their iPhone and is returned, is like finding an iPhoner who doesn't like the appstore. Or randomly meeting a nice person in New York. . .So I've been told hehe ;)

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
My story:

I had bought an iPhone, at iDay, last year. I had it in one of those piece of junk casemate signature case with a swivel clip (see my review). A couple of weeks after getting it, it fell off without me noticing at a parking lot.

I didn't realize this until I got home (about a ten minute drive). So on the way back to the parking lot (had a hunch that's were I lost it), I called the phone and a person that found it answered. He told me he would wait for me at the parking lot. I was relieved when I got it back and gave the guy $30 for being honest.

So I'm one lucky guy to get it back, and the phone went naked since then in my pocket. It has now been replaced with a naked 3G:).
Wow! Thats a great story! ...and you're lucky too. I doubt most people wouldn't keep a $400-$600 phone. (V1)

kakofonix

Silver
Oct 2, 2007
Funny you should ask. I was at a local store just over the weekend doing groceries. After getting everything into the trunk of my car, I started rolling the cart to the nearest cart return bay. About half way there, one of the cart collectors motioned to me to roll it his way. I did and returned to my car. For no reason that I can remember, I glanced behind me and our eyes met. He held my glance for a fraction longer than would be normal and I thought he had an odd look on his face but I thought nothing further of it.

I was more than half way home when it dawned on me that I had left my wallet and iPhone in the cart! (I was still in gym gear that had no pockets). I drove back to the store and frantically looked for the particular cart collector that I had rolled my cart to. I knew it was vital that I did not show any uncertainty as who of them I thought would have my wallet and iPhone.

About 4 or so of them were standing together and I walked up to one of them. I was sure this was the same guy who held my gaze for too long. "I believe you have my phone and wallet", I said. Without a word, he pointed to another guy some distance away, who was bent over, apparently "admiring" my phone. He too without a word hands me my phone and also produces my wallet from somewhere in his jacket. I don't think I looked that intimidating.

I know I should have reported this incident to the manager as, at the very least, a theft but I was so happy to get my iPhone back I actually thanked and tipped them!

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
^^ That guy was a dumbazz haha!
-Figures he'd be working at Wal-mart:p

If that were me I would walked over their with a few of my friend and just Layed them all out man, especially that guy who was playing with the iPhone!
-I probably would threw his as in the back of my trunk and left in some ghetto neighborhood or something Lol!

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
^^ That guy was a dumbazz haha!
-Figures he'd be working at Wal-mart:p

If that were me I would walked over their with a few of my friend and just Layed them all out man, especially that guy who was playing with the iPhone!
-I probably would threw his as in the back of my trunk and left in some ghetto neighborhood or something Lol!
Where'd you get Wal-Mart from? ;)

kakofonix

Silver
Oct 2, 2007
It happened at a different all-under-one-roof marketplace...oops! I've just let the cat out of the bag! J/k it's a great place to shop nonetheless...

Mocadulce

Sep 2, 2007
Biloxi, MS
I also lost my phone. I am a school teacher , and around lunch time I realized that I did not have my phone. I first thought that I left it in my car. After checking during my lunch break, it was not there. Naturaly, I freaked, because I new if a student had it it was over. I began to call it repeatedly hoping someone would answer, but eventually the calls started going straight to voicemail. I went to the principal and asked him to make an announcement for all the students and teachers. I had lost all hope at 2:45 when school was about to let out. All of a sudden my classroom phone rang and one of the other teachers told me she found it beside my car and had not had a chance to turn it in yet because of the hectic day. I was beyong happy. I thought I'd never see my phone again.

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
I think that even if a student had taken it, they would have done something stupid to "tell on themself";)
-Like using it in front of you, or showing it off to friends ya kno. . . the typical things that get teens caught Lol:laugh2: