Has Anyone Purchased A HomePod?

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
If so, how do you like it? I love mine, but until there's an update, Siri on the HomePod won't unlock anything through HomeKit. My biggest gripe. It won't unlock the door or open the garage but my other iDevices will.

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
So anyone like the home Pod ? I am exactly not getting it because of the limited functionality. I use Google and am scared of Alexa

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
So anyone like the home Pod ? I am exactly not getting it because of the limited functionality. I use Google and am scared of Alexa

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I read that the latest (and first) HomePod update screwed up the sound equalization.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
I read that the latest (and first) HomePod update screwed up the sound equalization.
I haven't noticed any difference in the sound after the update, although I do have tinnitus from working at the Honda plant all those years. Maybe that has something to do with it. Either way, I'm not affected by it. Makes my upstairs tv, without the sound bar, sound pretty good! Music sounds awesome. It will gain more functionality after some more updates.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I haven't noticed any difference in the sound after the update, although I do have tinnitus from working at the Honda plant all those years. Maybe that has something to do with it. Either way, I'm not affected by it. Makes my upstairs tv, without the sound bar, sound pretty good! Music sounds awesome. It will gain more functionality after some more updates.
Wow. You're the first non-spammer I've seen here all day.

Josh Yates

Contributor
Silver
Jul 14, 2007
Orion, MI
I love mine...but have the gripes everyone else has. Alexa and Google are WAY above Siri. The biggest downside is Siri. However, for our use, it controls what smart home things we have. Selling my Alexa stuff. The speaker is just superior...and I've always wanted a good speaker apart from my home theater system. It fits that bill. I tried the Sonos One pair with Alexa build in, but they just didn't sound as good. Granted, I could've used them as stereo, but I don't need/want a stereo system in my family room. One unobtrusive speaker is what I wanted...and the HomePod just sounded so superior, IMO. Some would disagree...and that's okay!