Has anyone thought of leaving IPhones?

Maskoki3000

Mar 1, 2019
I have used Apple products for 10 years if not more. A few months ago my Apple Watch came a part. I called Apple Customer Service and was told there “was” a re-call however it was over. I asked how it could be over when I never received notification via e-mail or US mail? Yet, on all the darn corporate greed holidays Apple loads my e-mail with advertisement of new products. The manager agreed and my Apple Watch was repaired. A month ago my daughter’s Beats by Dre...the quality did not look good. This is the third pair I purchased. The other two, for myself and other daughter. The current pair are wireless as well however the quality does not look as good. However as for the pair me and my other daughter have perfect.

I learned that Apple owned Beats by Dre. I called Apple Customer Service. The representative was trying to have me explain to her what was wrong with the Beats. This is why I hate purchasing things and then later finding out you cannot go to a store and talk to someone in-person. The Beats were tearing a part around the edges. Was I next suppose to measure the tears??? Then I asked for a manager. I mentioned the situation with my Apple Watch. The manager had the audacity to tell me that individuals that purchase Apple products should check Apple’s website for recalls. I said, “so customers are suppose go to Apple’s website everyday to check for recalls?” The manager said yes. I told her then Apple should stop sending out advertisement. If individuals are interested in purchasing Apple products they will go to Apple’s website. . At this point I cannot stand behind a company that has this type of behavior. I do have many, many Apple products. I’m looking to change my phone once my 7 Plus is no longer working or I come across a good offer on another non-Apple device.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rom x

Zealot
Gold
Jan 18, 2011
my personal opinion is that samsung care is about the best customer service you will get for repairs. they will actually go to your home or office and repair or replace the phone. so no need to go to the apple store anymore.

47seijar

Zealot
Bronze
Oct 6, 2012
Denville, NJ
I've never needed much from Apple in the way of repairs. Certainly not for defective quality. I've had batteries replaced in older laptops and phones, and Apple always took good care of me. Never wanted Beats - I have AirPods. Getting an appointment at a Genius Bar is often a trying experience, but once you're in the service is first class. At least it has been in my experience.

I never wanted an iPhone. I was always a Mac user but preferred BlackBerrys to iPhones. My wife got the original iPhone and it only reinforced my opinion that I didn't want one. Fast forward a couple of two or three years and BlackBerry was sh!tting the bed. Wife was on an iPhone 3GS or 4S by then and both kids had iPhones as well. I was still struggling to keep my BlackBerry doing things iPhones did automatically. Why was I fighting it so hard? The answer was obvious; get the device that works the way I need it to work. So I bought in. Revelation! And with everyone else in the household on iPhones, the path of least resistance offered other benefits. Leave the iPhone? Sure, the moment BlackBerry comes back with an acceptable substitute.

Acidchat

Oct 27, 2019
I have apple products for well over twenty years and I always found them to be the best out there. I been owning IPhones since the SE came out and now I have the 11 pro max. Every since Mr. Tim Cook took on Uncle Sam over privacy and won, Apple has a customer for life with me

BitGid

Feb 25, 2018
bitgid.com
I moved from android and love the improved eco system. It is definitely restricted but carefully curated. I don’t find any restrictions with my experience, but maybe that’s because I didn’t embrace the full android experience, for example, Tasker, etc. I am also having a nice time with iOS because I left google behind. I still have a Gmail in the Apple Mail app, but I don’t use them for anything else.

bestazy

Jan 24, 2018
bestazy.com
I switched from Android to iPhone because I switched to Xfinity Mobile and I wasn’t able to bring my Google Pixel 2 XL over to my new carrier. There are definitely times where I miss the freedom of Android, but I do really like iOS. It also helps that basically my entire family and friends are also on iOS so I can FaceTime them and send iMessages. I definitely missed being able to easily message and video chat my family and friends while on Android.