Has anyone tried to trade colors from white to black or vice versa?

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
I have the white right now and don't get me wrong, it is beautiful. But the thing is, I want to use the Invisible Shield with it and man does it look dirty. I mean, what's it been, 3 weeks? The corners get dirt stuck in it, which is already gross enough, but also the actual shield itself just starts to get darker which gives the phone a gross yellow off white color. It looked so gross this morning I ripped off the Invisible Shield right away.

Anyway, even though Black isn't as nice looking with the Invisible Shield off, it obviously will look better with it on and I think I want to trade. Has anyone tried this when exchanging for phone for bad battery or dead pixels? You know, saying to the Apple guy, "Hey while you're back there getting my replacement phone, could you grab me a black one instead?"

michael180

Zealot
Gold
Jun 14, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA
moderntimes.com
I have the white right now and don't get me wrong, it is beautiful. But the thing is, I want to use the Invisible Shield with it and man does it look dirty. I mean, what's it been, 3 weeks? The corners get dirt stuck in it, which is already gross enough, but also the actual shield itself just starts to get darker which gives the phone a gross yellow off white color. It looked so gross this morning I ripped off the Invisible Shield right away.

Anyway, even though Black isn't as nice looking with the Invisible Shield off, it obviously will look better with it on and I think I want to trade. Has anyone tried this when exchanging for phone for bad battery or dead pixels? You know, saying to the Apple guy, "Hey while you're back there getting my replacement phone, could you grab me a black one instead?"
I thought about it because I had to swap mine because of a screen problem, and the guy said it wouldn't be a problem. But a woman came up and asked to change her black for a white, and they asked for 10% restocking fee. You have 14 days to change, if you don't a valid reason.

Good luck

stevetim

Silver
Jul 20, 2007
Considering there are 3rd party vendors supplying different colored backings now, I wouldn't even bother with Apple or AT&T at this point if I wanted to change my color(s).

billnye97

Contributor
Silver
Jun 21, 2007
Cleveland
Considering there are 3rd party vendors supplying different colored backings now, I wouldn't even bother with Apple or AT&T at this point if I wanted to change my color(s).

To bad it costs $150 to change the back color though. Also you won't have your phone for two weeks.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Well the problem with getting a different color from a third party is that once it's on the phone your warranty is technically voided. Quite similar to the Colorware issue. However, if you are able to put your original cover back on in case a problem arises then you should be fine.

VIPERxGTx2000

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
The iPhone v1 return policy is 14 days and the 3G is 30 days. I had a problem with my white iPhone and the two replacements they gave me had the same gap between the screen so the guy processed a return for my white one and sold me the black one and he didn't charge me a restocking fee.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Has anyone tried this when exchanging for phone for bad battery or dead pixels? You know, saying to the Apple guy, "Hey while you're back there getting my replacement phone, could you grab me a black one instead?"
If you are saying you have a problem with the phone, I wouldn't think it should be a big deal.
If there is nothing wrong with the phone then that might be a different matter.

Jul 17, 2007
baby oahu
that sucks somebody wants to return an iPhone because they regret the color...

I mean I wanted a black from the beginning and have no problems. I think they should charge a restocking fee for people who want to return for a different color... That is taking away from other customers who want an iPhone.

jarofclay73

Zealot
Gold
Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
My white backing is still nice and white. Of course, I'm using a Griffin Wave case which is a blend of hard and soft case, so it's pretty well protected.

It was probably your Invisible Shield that was getting all gross. And that's too bad.

I also wanted black but I had to get white if I wanted it on the first day. I love it. :laugh2: