Has anyone used Apple Bluetooth Headset-Is Apple's good?

Discussion in 'iPhone Cases and Accessories' started by rickr10, Jul 9, 2007.

1. rickr10

rickr10 New Member

I tried to purchase a bluetooth headset when I purchased my iPhone. At the time they told me they didn't have any of the Apple Bluetooth Headsets in stock. They suggested Jabra, Plantronics, or Jawbone. I like Apple products so really thought it would be best to use Apple's bluetooth headset.
    From looking at pictures though it seems it just has the earbud piece that fits in the ear but it doesn't have the usual ear loop that loops behind the ear. Does this type of setup really work well? What are opinions of people who have used this headset? And how about the Jawbone? Is it comfortable to wear?
    Is there another headset I should look at instead?

2. bcaslis

bcaslis Member
    Bronze

It's not out yet. I ordered one from their website on 6/29 since none of the local Apple stores had them in. Hasn't shipped yet, status says shipping by end of July.

3. rj5620

rj5620 New Member
    Bronze

Jabra JX10 works well

I use the Jabra JX10 and it pairs and works well with my iPhone. I like the ear loop, I forget it is there. The Jawbone is too bulky for me and I have tried earbud types and they fall out and irritate my ear.

4. UnseenLlama

UnseenLlama New Member
    Bronze

I picked up a Jabra BT5020 (new behind the ear model) from Fry's this weekend. The static was so bad on this model that I took it back the next day. If I held the iPhone on the same side as the headset, it worked fairly well. But if I moved the iPhone to the opposite side of my body, I would get interference. Same thing if I put the iPhone down and walked a couple of feet away.

With both devices having Bluetooth 2.0, I was really disappointed. The interference should not have been that bad. Maybe it's the metal housing on of the iPhone?

I will wait for Apple's version. Hopefully it will be good.

5. bmwlover0725

bmwlover0725 New Member
    Bronze

knowing that Apple makes it, its probably better than the others.

6. wjp09

wjp09 Zealot
    Gold

It looks lousy IMO. However I won't knock it till I try it.

7. UnseenLlama

UnseenLlama New Member
    Bronze

Just ordered the iPhone bluetooth headset. Says it will ship by August 6th and delivery by August 9th. Ugh, that's longer than I expected. Maybe the local Apple store will get them in sooner and I can cancel the web order.

8. m2bpro

m2bpro New Member

My sister has the same problem with her phone. It has a lot of static when connected to her bluetooth headset. I don't have that problem on my iPhone and we tried it on several different bluetooth headsets. She got static on all headsets and I didn't get any. She's going to the Apple store today to get it replaced since its definitely a problem with her phone.