Has anyone used the Reset All Settings

coolie

Bronze
Sep 18, 2007
a reset will only reset your setting. A restore will erase everyhing

coolie

Bronze
Sep 18, 2007
it doesn't matter if its unlock or not. nothing will happen. if something happen then that would be on the news already

sibrahim

Sep 29, 2007
what about a master reset ?

what if u decide to master reset if an app freezes or something...what would that do to an unlocked phone ?
by master reset i mean holding down the home and off/sleep buttons for a few seconds

jophone

Bronze
Oct 4, 2007
what if u decide to master reset if an app freezes or something...what would that do to an unlocked phone ?
by master reset i mean holding down the home and off/sleep buttons for a few seconds
By holding down the 2 buttons nothing happens, at least nothing dangerous.
I did on my unlocked iPhone, because it got stucked, no way of shutting down and no button/touch enable (very bad situation :mad: )

I did it and it worked.

My question is if reset the settings from the Setting-general menu is as safe or if it lock the phone again..
do you know?

Michael Baturin

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
South Jersey
On my first iPhone, I found myself in the Apple store because a strip of the screen became non responsive. They told me they were gonna send it in. I forgot to restore it so I didn't want my jailbroken phone being sent out. I did a restore from the settings menu right there and it deleted everything off of the phone. Worked fine and wound up getting a new one.

jophone

Bronze
Oct 4, 2007
On my first iPhone, I found myself in the Apple store because a strip of the screen became non responsive. They told me they were gonna send it in. I forgot to restore it so I didn't want my jailbroken phone being sent out. I did a restore from the settings menu right there and it deleted everything off of the phone. Worked fine and wound up getting a new one.

I'm a little confused... RESTORE and RESET should not be the same thing, i mean if i restore the phone it will turn out like it was at the Apple store, if i reset i won't even delete the applications for what is my understanding so far.

The question was if i RESET the settings, will this lock my phone? (I mean i won't be able to use it again with any sim)
- if i do the restore, i'm prettty sure it will be locked to AT&T again,
as it was when i bought it -

nanooreg

Sep 26, 2007
i have an unlocked iPhone with tmobile. i updated the customize application when it came out and it messed up my home screen, icons and all. i did a reset in the settings option and although it didn't fix my problem, it didn't do anything to my iPhone. it's still all good.

jophone

Bronze
Oct 4, 2007
i have an unlocked iPhone with tmobile. i updated the customize application when it came out and it messed up my home screen, icons and all. i did a reset in the settings option and although it didn't fix my problem, it didn't do anything to my iPhone. it's still all good.
thanks. did you find a way to fix the problem?