Has anyone used this software to convert DVD's to your iPhone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

TLP31

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
I used PQ DVD2Ipod converter when iPods first got video. It did a fine job. Now, I just use HandBrake to rip DVDs to the correct format.

alb0zf1n3st

Silver
Jul 2, 2007
I have never used it before but from what other say i guess its garbage.

What I have is imTOO iPhone Video converter... I know there is an app named videora tho I think that's the name and its free

Errk!

Bronze
Jul 13, 2007
I had nothing but trouble with Handbrake...over 8 hours converting a DVD and it was only at about 75%.

Handbrake Lite, though, worked like a charm.

captain4004

Bronze
May 2, 2007
Charleston SC
Well its definitely not free i tried that junk and it didn't work correctly with every video i had.... I use Xilisoft's software right now.
Hey what's up doc? I wanted to know how Xilisoft is working for you before I paid for it, I wasn't too confident if it will work like I hoped it would on my MacBook Pro.

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
This is what I use now:

PQ DVD2Ipod converter

No, not free, but easy as hell and works really well. Bought it before I looked into all the options on doing it.

Errk!

Bronze
Jul 13, 2007
I got DVD to iPhone Converter and the audio isn't synced with the video. It starts off OK but slowly it starts to go off. Is there a way to fix this? Or a better app to use? On a MacBook Pro here...

Fafafoooey

Bronze
Apr 26, 2007
I don't know what software can work on a Mac, but if you have Windows, Slysoft AnyDVD (runs as a task to decode any DVD), and CloneDVD Mobile (Converts DVDs to multiple file formats). Relatively cheap, and you could run these on Parallels. Then just import into iTunes.

Check it out. http://www.slysoft.com

Martlet

Bronze
Jul 11, 2007
Relatively cheap, and you could run these on Parallels.
No need to run Windows in the mac to convert video, there are many options.

Quicktime Player should be able to export anything it can play on both platforms to iTunes compatible formats.

mPlayer, VLC, ffmpeg2 should all have binaries for every platform and I think all three convert (the 1st two are cross platform open source players).

And there are various single platform programs for each.

But video conversion is best found at it's own specific forums, as it's discussed in much more detail elsewhere already... no need to duplicate here the huge amounts of discussion already happening elsewhere.

Fafafoooey

Bronze
Apr 26, 2007
Quicktime Player should be able to export anything it can play on both platforms to iTunes compatible formats.
So you haven't tried this? At least I gave an option that I have done and used to put movies on my iPhone. Can you at least give details of how you do this with Quicktime Player?