Has Apple included a simple Calendar with the new iPhones?

Discussion in 'iPhone 6S' started by digitalcuriosity, Dec 9, 2015.

1. digitalcuriosity

Bronze

I did not find one in the iPhone6 but apple does include on in both my iPads 2&4. I know there are many in the apple App store,but not the really simple one as used in my iPads.
    Is one now in the new iPhones6s.

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I'm not sure what you mean by simple. It has different views. You might just be in the wrong view.

3. digitalcuriosity

Bronze

I just don't see it on the screen along with the other items. In my iPads it's there you touch it, and it opens into a full year with the day colored.
    What view are you posting about?

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

It's a smaller screen so you can't fit as much data on it without it being very difficult to read, so the calendar on the phone is limited. This was the view I was referring to.
    IMG_0288.jpg

5. digitalcuriosity

Bronze

I guess it's just not included on my iPhone6.

6. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

The phone app layout is easier for us with somewhat deflicted eyes (don't like that word? Resurrect Frank Zappa and talk to him). :)

7. digitalcuriosity

Bronze

Disregarded reply.

8. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

My reply was to Europa concerning the iPhone app layout. I added a bit of humor, but relevant content was there. Go ahead and disregard.

9. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Can you post a screenshot of the calendar screen on your iPad so I can double-check that there isn't an iPhone option for that view.

10. digitalcuriosity

Bronze

I don't find a way to upload it from my computer with my reply. It just offers the use of an URL.

11. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Can you drag and drop it into the reply box?

12. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

You can select "upload file" next to "post reply" or drag the image into a new reply.

13. digitalcuriosity

Bronze

Here it is and thanks to all who gave the uploading advice.

Attached Files:

14. digitalcuriosity

Bronze

The problem is on my iPhone6,there is no Month. There is nothing as on my iPad.

15. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

That is one of the stock apps. You should have it. In fact, you cannot delete it. Perhaps you've tucked it away in a folder and it's currently out of sight?

Here's how you can find the app: Go to your home screen, swipe left to reach the Spotlight Search screen, then type "Calendar" in the search box that you'll see, then launch the app by tapping it. It'll be under "TOP HITS":

IMG_0453.PNG

Here's the Year view. Just like on your iPad:

IMG_0450.PNG

16. digitalcuriosity

Bronze

I found the one i want it's the first one with the red at it's top,but can't drag it on to my home screen. but it's now at the far left with other apps i use so i can view it.

17. digitalcuriosity

Bronze

The calendar is the first one at top in search,but i do not find it in the App store for a download.

18. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I'm a little slow today. I thought you were saying you couldn't find a certain view on the stock iPhone calendar app. Now I see that you were saying you couldn't locate the app itself.
    If your Calandar app is in a folder, you can drag it out of the folder and onto the home screen by pressing and holding on the Calandar app in the folder to get it into wiggle mode and then dragging it out of the folder onto the home screen.

19. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

You can't download it. It's a stock app that is included on every iPhone when you buy it. It is already on your phone. You can't accidentally delete it. Check in your folders.

It's this one:
    image.jpeg

20. digitalcuriosity

Bronze

After the search i see it at top it's above the ones found in App. Store. It is now at far left with other often used App.s but can't be moved from there.