Has Lifeproof fixed the sound issue?

Irish76

Bronze
Jun 22, 2012
I've been researching the Fre & Nuud cases, repeatedly reading complaints of the user's voice sounding muffled during calls. Considering a purchase for my iPhone 5, & I'm curious to see if Lifeproof has since fixed this issue. Thanks

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
I've been researching the Fre & Nuud cases, repeatedly reading complaints of the user's voice sounding muffled during calls. Considering a purchase for my iPhone 5, & I'm curious to see if Lifeproof has since fixed this issue. Thanks
I can honestly say I've never had that problem with any of the LP cases I've had. Been using them for a long time now.
Currently have the Nüüd case on my iPhone 5 for just over a year now.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I can honestly say I've never had that problem with any of the LP cases I've had. Been using them for a long time now.
Currently have the Nüüd case on my iPhone 5 for just over a year now.
I wonder if part of it is how you hold the phone. I've also read that there are common complaints of muffling and most users just accept it as a trade off to waterproofing. Some people use Bluetooth of EarBuds as a workaround. I'm just curious why you've never experienced it and guessing it might be that you hold the phone optimally. Do you talk on the phone much without a headset?

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
I wonder if part of it is how you hold the phone. I've also read that there are common complaints of muffling and most users just accept it as a trade off to waterproofing. Some people use Bluetooth of EarBuds as a workaround. I'm just curious why you've never experienced it and guessing it might be that you hold the phone optimally. Do you talk on the phone much without a headset?
I rarely use a headset. I feel a lot of people just shove the phone in the case not taking care to seat things correctly. Putting the phone in bottom first at a slight angle seats the bottom seal around the mic and speaker better than just plopping the phone in it. Doing that will usually roll one of the gaskets down over the mic.
There was a release of the case that was total garbage and I had 5 replacements sent to me because of feedback / distortion issues.

Mrallank59

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 8, 2013
He's spot on on this. When LP first released the Fre' case, it was a dud. None of their other cases have had distortion issues. Except for a rare,possibly malformed case.
I rarely use a headset. I feel a lot of people just shove the phone in the case not taking care to seat things correctly. Putting the phone in bottom first at a slight angle seats the bottom seal around the mic and speaker better than just plopping the phone in it. Doing that will usually roll one of the gaskets down over the mic.
There was a release of the case that was total garbage and I had 5 replacements sent to me because of feedback / distortion issues.