Has MobileMe web been responding slowly?

llckll

Bronze
Feb 18, 2009
50% of the times when I sign into www.me.com, it says unable to connect to mobileme. Then immediately it connects. This behaviors happens often for new sessions and during existing sessions. Especially when I try to send mail.

Annoying...

llckll

Bronze
Feb 18, 2009
I get mail instantaneously as well.

But at work it's much easier to write/respond to emails from your PC/Mac than the iPhone itself. People keep walking by my cube so I have to pretend like i'm working :p

The workaround I found is that I downloaded Mozilla Thunderbird and set up my me account. Works well so far. Only thing is that it does not sync your contacts.

Last edited by a moderator:

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
yeah, i misread your initial problem... hence the deleted post.

PDACPA

Silver
Jan 16, 2008
Florida
I run Mobile Me from the Safari version for Windows on a Vista PC. Send email is painful. Sometimes it refreshes and loses everything you typed. Other times it sits and you are not sure if the mail was sent or not.

The gallery also will say unavailable and refreshes.

The calendar will refresh constantly too.

I am thinking they refresh to make sure they are accepting from the cloud, but when I use it on my Mac Mini, I do not have any issues.

ON a PC though it does not run as fast as I would like or smoothly.

llckll

Bronze
Feb 18, 2009
Dude, I feel your pain. As long as it's "working" it's fine. But the process is painful and frustrating...