Has the iPhone 3G been unlocked yet?

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Eventhough I am very well happy with my v1 iPhone/2g iPhone a few of my friends are getting the 3Gs and now I'm starting to want one also with their pursation to "upgrade":p
-The only problem is that I probably could get an iPhone 3G on At&t "now", but their iPhone plans are way too expensive for what you get...ya kno cause I get the samething that At&t offers plus additional stuff for $30-40 less on T-mobile:cool:

So has the iPhone 3G been unlocked yet?
-If not what would estimate "their" progress is currently at with the unlocking?:eek:

Thanks

iErik

Zealot
Gold
Oct 27, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
No software unlock at this time. I've heard of marginal success with sim card unlocks, though I wouldn't recommend it.

TAEWING59

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
iPhone 3G, as of right now, is ONLY AT&T they may be a little for costly but there service is deffinatly worth it... I very very very rarely lose signal... That would be at my grandmas... Which is surrounded by trees and the woods and it's also lower than the road infront of her house... And it only drops from 3G to EDGE with 1-3 bars... But I don't lose signal anywhere else

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Im sad :(
-Oh well, Im still enjoying my iPhone but I really wouldn't mind having the 3G I guess the wait will be alittle longer than I expected...:sick:

Btw how long after the v1's launch did that one kid or others find/make an unlock?

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
George, I suggest that you do not upgrade. I was going to before the release but I realized that I can live without GPS and 3G for one year. I want to be eligible for the next iPhone, which will most likely be the one that's feature packed (Copy & Paste? Video Recorder?). Just mu $0.02.