Has the proximity issue been fixed?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

verwon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 29, 2011
Seattle
LOL! I Googled it, after reading this post. Doesn't seem to have been a widespread problem.

He that got me hooked on iOS has had every iPhone, including the 4, since shortly after launch and never complained about it.

Mistress of Mischief

Panache010

Silver
Aug 19, 2007
No it wasn't wide spread but if you search the forums back about a year ago, you'll see it was a big issue. I asked because mines started acting up again yesterday. Yet another reason to get a 4S if they fixed it

Oct 3, 2009
LOL! I Googled it, after reading this post. Doesn't seem to have been a widespread problem.

He that got me hooked on iOS has had every iPhone, including the 4, since shortly after launch and never complained about it.

Mistress of Mischief
Funny...when I googled it I got over a quarter million results with several multi-page forum posts about it.

My 4 sensor never worked quite right. Maybe my ears are too small.

verwon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 29, 2011
Seattle
Funny...when I googled it I got over a quarter million results with several multi-page forum posts about it.

My 4 sensor never worked quite right. Maybe my ears are too small.
But even multi-page posts are a small percentage of users and past the first few pages of Google results, the links rarely have much to do with what you searched for! LOL

Are you getting the 4S, then?

Mistress of Mischief

shugo

Bronze
Sep 3, 2011
Just visited AT&T and the woman there said that the current otterboxes for the iPhone 4 won't work because they moved the sensors slightly.

Sent from my iPhone 3GS using iCafe app

Oct 3, 2009
But even multi-page posts are a small percentage of users and past the first few pages of Google results, the links rarely have much to do with what you searched for! LOL
This is true. Mine drove me nuts. I don't know if it was the shape of my pointy head or what but for a long time I muted calls all the time. Seemed updates helped but never fully fixed it. I learned to hold it differently. That's what we do with Apple stuff though...modify our desire or actions to fit the devices. LOL

Are you getting the 4S, then?

Mistress of Mischief
I am again on the fence. I went out and got the Galaxy S2 and it is a killer phone....far better than the iPhone in many areas but in a couple areas it gets on my nerves and to some people it wouldn't be a big deal but for the way I use it, there are some things that I just can't work around.

So I may come back to Apple. Sold my iPhone 4 for a killing on eBay though so I am up.

verwon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 29, 2011
Seattle
This is true. Mine drove me nuts. I don't know if it was the shape of my pointy head or what but for a long time I muted calls all the time. Seemed updates helped but never fully fixed it. I learned to hold it differently. That's what we do with Apple stuff though...modify our desire or actions to fit the devices. LOL

I am again on the fence. I went out and got the Galaxy S2 and it is a killer phone....far better than the iPhone in many areas but in a couple areas it gets on my nerves and to some people it wouldn't be a big deal but for the way I use it, there are some things that I just can't work around.

So I may come back to Apple. Sold my iPhone 4 for a killing on eBay though so I am up.
LOL! I'm leaving an Evo. It was great, when I got it, but the updates over updates from Sprint seriously screwed it up.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk