Has your opinion of Steve Jobs and Apple changed due to the price drop?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Has your opinion of Steve Jobs and Apple changed due to the price drop?

• Steve can do no wrong. Now please excuse me while I light a candle for my Steve Jobs alter.

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I knew that Steve was greedy from day 1, but I was and still am willing to support Apple.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t think that Steve is greedy for charging us an extra 50% to beta test his iPhone.

• Apple’s changed man. I feel betrayed. If there was a better alternative, I’d take it.

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • I don’t care if the alternative sucks compared to Apple. I'm done with betrayers. Give me Vista!

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • I would have bought the iPhone on iDay (even 15 days ago) even knowing that the price would drop

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • I’m glad they dropped the price. Now more people can afford it.

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • I’ve always been a PC person anyway.

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Told you so. Steve's charisma never affected me. I always saw him for what he was.

• I didn’t buy the iPhone yet, so yay! I'm saving 33%!

• Total voters

SmartAlx

Zealot
Gold
Jun 7, 2007
I understand that some people feel betrayed by a 33% price drop only 10 weeks after iDay. I'd like to know how many people have changed their feelings about Apple in response to this.

Please understand that this poll isn’t about your opinion about the price drop. It’s a question about your opinions about Apple and Steve Jobs DUE to the price drop. Were you surprised by the significant price drop? Did you feel that he was taking advantage of your "fandom?"

In essense, have your feelings towards Apple changed? How?

SmartAlx

Zealot
Gold
Jun 7, 2007
Some of us feel betrayed since the true Apple fans are generally the early adopters. And let’s face it Steve didn’t drop the price for the masses, he artificially raised the price of the phone for his fans on iDay and corrected his overprice 10 weeks later for the NON-Apple fans. He made his biggest fans pay an extra 50% to essentially beta test the phone for 10 weeks. So I do understand the feeling of betrayal. Apple fans support him, and he makes them pay for it.

For the record, I was never an Apple fan. But I'm certainly not going to be one now.

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
Some of us feel betrayed since the true Apple fans are generally the early adopters. And let’s face it Steve didn’t drop the price for the masses, he artificially raised the price of the phone for his fans on iDay and corrected his overprice 10 weeks later for the NON-Apple fans. He made his biggest fans pay an extra 50% to essentially beta test the phone for 10 weeks. So I do understand the feeling of betrayal. Apple fans support him, and he makes them pay for it.

For the record, I was never an Apple fan. But I'm certainly not going to be one now.

Totally agree, I will never buy anything from Apple that is just released and I am sure a lot of people feel like this now. I will probably continue to bad mouth them to no end unless they do something to right this wrong, even though they won't. The Apple has rotted.

SmartAlx

Zealot
Gold
Jun 7, 2007
Hmm... I think I might need a new poll, on account of the $100 credit.

Some people are probably going to change their minds about it. And some others (like myself) will feel like the $100 credit is too little.

Personally, I'm not too impressed by the credit. We still have to buy something. I've already purchased all of my iPhone accessories at inexpensive internet stores so what am i supposed to buy? Making us pay exorbitant Apple store prices for accessories we don't need doesn't seem to me like a very genuine attempt to right the wrong done to us.

If it was a $200 credit, then it might make things a bit better. Then I could get a luxury item, maybe a stereo that lets me plug in my iPhone.

seb481

Silver
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
Jobs is like every other CEO, just here to make money! Which is fine, but please, don't put your middle finger in my butt so obviously! I will never buy Apple ever again