Haters...:(

the PHDs

Bronze
May 21, 2007
i just saw a segment on abc news about the iPhone...
it made me realize..i hate all the people who just tear the iPhone apart...

first of all, you never used one, so don't rip on it before you have expeirenced it first-hand.

also, you know the only reason all these people are so negative is probably because they cannot afford it. honestly, if you could afford a product like this,
why in the hell would you turn it down?

May 6, 2007
United States
i just saw a segment on abc news about the iPhone...
it made me realize..i hate all the people who just tear the iPhone apart...

first of all, you never used one, so don't rip on it before you have expeirenced it first-hand.

also, you know the only reason all these people are so negative is probably because they cannot afford it. honestly, if you could afford a product like this,
why in the hell would you turn it down?
I agree, but there will always be people that dislike and even hate new products. I don't know if they want attention or what, but I guess we just gotta ignore it and focus on the real prize here, the iPhone :laugh2:

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I've never been more excited for a piece of technology in my life. I was one of the people that camped out for days for the PS3 and I am prepared to do it again for the iPhone. Of course all of my friends, minus one, say that it is an incredible waste of money and that they can't wait for it to come out later in a few months with a severely reduced price. They said the exact same thing about the PS3 and guess what? It is still $500 and $600. Whenever someone says stuff like that to me I just tell them they're jealous and wish they had the opportunity to get one.

wot_fan

Silver
Mar 7, 2007
Chicagoland
web.mac.com
The forum that I used to visit for my iPhone info was invaded by "haters." It didn't take long before there were more threads about the perceived problems (threads with titles like "Why the iPhone will not succeed at all") than there were positive threads. They actually did me a favor though since when I get sick of reading all the negativity, I found EI :laugh2:.

I don't understand what motivates people to go to a forum for a device that they have no interest in and post. It would never cross my mind to go to a Prada forum and post my negative opinions. Something about Apple really gets under some people's skin.

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
Yeah on cw11. NY station, I saw the "tech" section and all they say to review it is "Don't buy it, its not good for businesss." BACK TO YOU.

robhon

Silver
Mar 17, 2007
Carl Jung said, "Fanaticism is always a sign of repressed doubt."

I'd say this applies to all the "haters." I mean, if you don't like it, why would you waste your time writing about it?

Spin This!

Silver
May 4, 2007
I totally agree with this... I have my doubts about the iPhone too but it's absolutely in no one's best interest to post speculative crap before it's even released. There's plenty of that to go around after the release.

also, you know the only reason all these people are so negative is probably because they cannot afford it.
i'm not so sure that's entirely true but that brings up another point in life... you'll find it's a lot easier for people to hate something and write it off than it is for them to achieve it. for example: riches. people who aren't rich always scoff at those who are; they can spout any excuse but at the end of the day they're really just mad at themselves. Or women... "how's that dorky dude with that gorgeous girl... he must have money." Actually 9/10 that dude has game; he learned or knows how to be successful.

iHuman

Bronze
Dec 16, 2006
Hells Kitchen, New York City
Carl Jung said, "Fanaticism is always a sign of repressed doubt."

I'd say this applies to all the "haters." I mean, if you don't like it, why would you waste your time writing about it?
it's the Howard Stern Theory. Fans spend average of an hour or so listening to the show they love. Haters spend 3 or more hours listening to what they hate, so they can have more to complain about later.

Smartest thing Apple did was show some of the basics at MacWorld, and let the media, fanboys, and the Nay-Sayers have at it.

Give it to the internet... all that advertising for 6 months for free....

Brilliant...

mav

Bronze
May 9, 2007
Good. More haters hating on something they never seen or touched equals for iPhones for the else of us.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
A lot of them are really hating because they are locked into a competitive contract of they can't get At&t service where they need it. T-Mobile and Verizon users are really POed because they feel like they didn't get asked to the prom.:laugh2:

wot_fan

Silver
Mar 7, 2007
Chicagoland
web.mac.com
A lot of the haters seem to have taken personal offense to Jobs saying that the iPhone is revolutionary and 5 years ahead of any other phone. It is like Steve insulted their mother or something.

I am just glad none of the trolls have migrated here :).

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I'm a longtime verizon user... looks like i'll be asking the new girl to the prom.
But at least you live somewhere that you can switch to At&t and still get good service. Where I live, most of the people in the outlying areas use Verizon because it works so well in the country. They don't have the option to switch because they can't even get a signal at their house for At&t.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
But at least you live somewhere that you can switch to At&t and still get good service. Where I live, most of the people in the outlying areas use Verizon because it works so well in the country. They don't have the option to switch because they can't even get a signal at their house for At&t.
I might consider relocating to a "AT&T friendly" area so I could ensure I get service. But if that wouldn't work, I would go crazy not having the iPhone.

Macster

Bronze
Feb 21, 2007
Oregon
It's more than just the iPhone, its Apple

My feeling is that the iPhone hating stems from the same vein of folks who have always bashed Macintosh in general. I have owned Mac computers since 1986, and have lived with the comments and criticism that goes with them. I have never understood that "hatred" of the Mac, because I use the PC platform at work, and the Mac has always been far easier to use.

I just don't get the iPhone or Mac bashers. If you don't like a product, the manufacturer, or design, don't buy it. But don't rain on somebody else's parade.

"Can't we all just get along?!"