Hating my iPhone, going back to Android!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kiublole, Dec 14, 2011.

1. kiublole

kiublole Member
    Bronze

before my iPhone 4s i was loving my htc evo but it was getting old so i wanted to upgrade to some thing different, so i got an iPhone 4 s. don't get me wrong i really like the iPhone looks and the way its built , it feels kind of heavy , kind of like a hot wheels hahaha , but after two weeks or so i really started to missing my evo , all those widgets , lots of free apps , custom roms , free wifi tether, i could download anything i wanted: zip files unzip them with androzip , dowload movies from mega upload directly from my phone ( i know it takes long ), i could download music from my phone , documents , pdf. , doc. , zip. , almost anything . i could use my drop box with no problems , i don't really know why people talk about iPhones like if they are an upgrade from an Android , i know a lot of people like iOS because its more simple and more easy to use, but they are more restricted , i know you can jailbreak but there is no jailbreak for the 4s so we are stuck .

but the worst problem i have with my 4s it the data speed it is SLOOW! i am with sprint and i know that its one of the slowest networks but my friend from work has a galaxy s 2 and that thing is fast , sometimes we put them side by side and open up a webpage at the same time and my 4s wont open it !,

so good bye iPhone 4s .............................. am saving money for a galaxy s 2

2. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Saving money? Just sell the iPhone and you will get more than enough $ to buy the other phone :)

3. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

Duplicate thread deleted.

Am I reading this right? You're getting rid of your iPhone 4S and buying a SG SII? An older phone, with less specs? If I were in your position I wouldn't buy the SII, look the new models i.e Nexus S etc.

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

You can download movies and songs from that site onto a stock iPhone as well as unzip files. There are many apps for that. You must have been trying to do it with Safari. Yeah, Sprint data is very slow. AT&T has much better speeds. I don't have any problems with DropBox on my iPhone.

5. verwon

verwon Evangelist
    Gold

And a lot of the Sprint experience depends on your location. I have no problems with their speeds and it's much faster than my Evo was on 3G.

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!

6. iP5

iP5 Evangelist
    Gold

I think the SGS2 post dates the Nexus S, maybe you meant the Galaxy Nexus.

Maybe a forum section for these type of posts so that people that would rather avoid these vents can.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

7. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

Enjoy your new phone, whatever that might be.

8. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

Yeah, I meant the Galaxy Nexus thing... there are so many Android phones being released all the time, it's hard to keep up.

9. fury

fury Evangelist
    Gold

By the time you finish reciting its name, you'll already be bored with the Sprint Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch. ;)

10. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

Are they made in Mexico, my buddy Luis cordiales cantina perena Martinez Gonzales........told me they are.

11. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

.....Molina Alvarez, it's short for mike.

12. Brnfox

Brnfox New Member

Going from the iPhone 4S to a Samsung is like going from the a Mayback to a Honda accord both are good but exceptionally speaking of you're a history person iPhone has paved the way so you could be able to own a less equivalent phone. iPhone has taught & brought this civilization to a point that just the mention of Apple has joined peole from all over the globe to a forum where you can complain about a dim witted dull phone which when is old or outdated leaves you in the dark.
    Although Apple has a lot of restrictions it protects your product from getting harmed such as no virus
    Not to mention your product would last generations. I appreciate your candor for being honest but all you're saying to me is because you got skipped to not another grade but a newer level. The mentality you posse
    Can't with stand the time it takes to avail yourself to something that will change the way we forever function.
    With the evo you're ok with the iPhone you're great but taking it back to the evo you're a genius with iPhone thoughts. Because now some of the things evo cannot do you look @ the iPhone. But wait that's how the whole Android process was done. Give a phone featured iPhone can't do & sell it. WOW who knew in short Apple lovers stick together you have a question or problem you post it we get back to you. The sad part is it seems you're the problem so we can't fix you but hopefully your knowledge of the iPhone back to Evo
    Can help you make a better Android which will still be behind Apple.
    In short. The people who design your phone went to college
    The people who designed my phone taught the class Happy Holidays

#12 Brnfox, Dec 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2014
  13. chazm

chazm Contributor
    Silver

Sweet. Peace out buddy.

Been there, done that twice and I still own an Android Galaxy Tab. Can't stand it really

14. Ozzie5374

Ozzie5374 Contributor
    Bronze

Android users can't spell!

15. iP5

iP5 Evangelist
    Gold

Ok, so comments from both sides somewhat proportional to active forum population. Close the thread?

16. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

We'll let staff make those decisions, thanks.

17. moberg003

moberg003 New Member

Gave Android a shot twice and was disappointed both times. The phones are nice but the OS is inferior to IOS. Apple might be simple but it works, and it works well.

18. iP5

iP5 Evangelist
    Gold

Great first post. There's an introduction section but let me be the first to say welcome to eiC.

19. kiublole

kiublole Member
    Bronze

i just want a phone that works thats all

#19 kiublole, Dec 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2014
  20. kiublole

kiublole Member
    Bronze

i am in san diego CA. I called customer service a few times and they just told me to dial ##update# and that it was the only thing they could do for me at the moment , and that they are working together with Apple to fix this problems