have a problem.. hi all :)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

brockly

Bronze
Dec 20, 2007
hi I'm new to the site and it look better then the other ones. so I made this site my iPhone site :)

question. I have some audio books I turn to MP3. how can i tell the iPhone its a audio book not a music file. when i do the shuffle it plays the books.

one more. Is there a way you can change the buttons? when I like to skip a song or go back to a song i have to turn on the iPhone put the code in and then i can change the song. i would like to change the vol. button to next and back. is there a way ?

thanks all :)

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
hi I'm new to the site and it look better then the other ones. so I made this site my iPhone site :)

question. I have some audio books I turn to MP3. how can i tell the iPhone its a audio book not a music file. when i do the shuffle it plays the books.

one more. Is there a way you can change the buttons? when I like to skip a song or go back to a song i have to turn on the iPhone put the code in and then i can change the song. i would like to change the vol. button to next and back. is there a way ?

thanks all :)
If you have at least version 1.1 you can double tap the home button before typing in your code in order to bring up the audio controls.

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
Audiobooks have an ending of .m4b instead of .mp3. I do not know of any converters for this format but I recommend that you search on Google for an .mp3 to .m4b converter and you might get lucky.

coop1701

Zealot
Silver
Jun 30, 2007
You can run the normal i-tunes converter on them. Changing them to a M4A, when you import them. Once as a M4a. Rename them all to M4B by hand.

I know it's a lot of work. But it does work for me, each and every time.

I do a lot of Audiobooks too..

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I recommend what coop posted. I use the same process for the few Auidobooks I use.

Welcome to the site!

- John

Kabeyun

Silver
Jan 10, 2007
Northeast US
Brockly,

Glad you chose Everythingicafe as your home base!
Q1 has been answered well. Q2 can't yet be done afaik. If you find a hack to reassign volume buttons to other functions, please post in the Modifications forum. Thanks, and welcome.

-K