Have A Safe 4th!

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
You too! My family is gone for the weekend (parents) enjoying the Carolina's, so I won't be doing much at all besides hanging out with my granddad. Technically fireworks here in Florida are illegal and I was told today you can get a $500 fine and jail time. My friends family had their fireworks taken away a few years back. Of course people still shoot them off here every year, like tonight. As far as I know there aren't any places that sell them here. Maybe just bottle rockets. The more awesome fireworks you have to go to Alabama an hour away.

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
Much like Freedom and Liberty, Happiness and Safety are states of mind first and foremost. My Sister and her family just moved from San Antonio to the Dallas area so this is the first 4th of July I get to spend with them since the early aughts. I'm bringing the baked beans and cupcakes.

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
You too! My family is gone for the weekend (parents) enjoying the Carolina's, so I won't be doing much at all besides hanging out with my granddad. Technically fireworks here in Florida are illegal and I was told today you can get a $500 fine and jail time. My friends family had their fireworks taken away a few years back. Of course people still shoot them off here every year, like tonight. As far as I know there aren't any places that sell them here. Maybe just bottle rockets. The more awesome fireworks you have to go to Alabama an hour away.
They in that hurrycane?

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
I have no clue. It's a long drive for them but I haven't heard any bad news which is good. I heard that the storm is not moving slow, it's making its way through and then moving further East.

Cat 2 I just saw. Moving at 23 MPH. Pretty slow still. :p
It looks like it's moving on north out of the Carolina's.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
As far as the 4th and fireworks, our pets were scared as usual. I had to carry our dog out to grass just to get her to go. As for the cat, she sleeps in the garage and she's probably scared as heck right now. But if I let her stay in, she'll want out at 3-4am. :p