Have iPad, MacBook PRO, & iPhone 4s coming: some concern?

Discussion in 'iPhone 4S' started by capri, Jan 3, 2012.

1. capri

capri Member
    Bronze

Hi guys,

Wish to thank you all for all the answers you've provided regarding my concern.
    My 4s won't be in for awhile but just anticipating its arrival, i have some concerns.
    Hoping you guys can help me out.
    I've been using my i=pad (gen1) for quite sometime now & i use the notes , reminders, address book quite a bit.
    I also purchased a number of apps from i-store for my iPad like PDF PRO, Moolah PRO, Tapatalk, etc.
    My first concern is, is there a way to sync the notes from my ipad to the new iPhone ? how is this done ? (once its sync, what ever notes i add, delete or edit in my iPhone on the road, are these synced automatically to the ones in my iPad & vice versa ?
    As i have purchased a number of apps in i-store for my iPad, does this mean that i have to purchase those programs Again for my iPhone 4S ?

I have a Nokia phone, how do i transfer my contacts to the new 4S ?

Thanks again in advance. Appreciate all the help & best regards.

Capri

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

The notes, contacts, etc. will all wirelessly sync between the iPad and the 4S. If you update a note on one device, it will also update it on the other.

Universal apps will work on the iPhone and the iPad. You will not have to pay twice.

Prior to getting the 4S, back up the Nokia contacts in an email account, such as Gmail, Outlook or Yahoo. Then set it up to sync your contacts from your email account to your phone in iTunes. Once they are on the phone, you can stop the syncing from the email account you used and they will start automatically syncing over the air to your iPad and your iPhone with iCloud.

3. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

Is your Nokia phone on AT&T? Most reps will switch your contacts and pictures, up to around 200 (this number isn't set just a base as time constraints exist) each, to your new phone for you. Just ask nicely. :)

4. capri

capri Member
    Bronze

Thanks for the inputs. The Nokia is Globe Telecom. Based in Philippines.
    Any other tips ?
    Thanks in advance.