Have questions about iPhone? Apple tech here

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Status
Not open for further replies.

applejon

Jul 3, 2007
Hey guys...i work for Apple and might be able to answer questions, if not I will do my best do find the answers for you...
:laugh2:

DHNF

Jul 1, 2007
Can you make my iPhone ring louder, make the speakerphone louder, give us the ability to personalize ringtones, make the internet browsing way faster, keep the phone from resetting to the main screen in the middle of using the internet or browsing albums, let us check email faster than every 15 minutes, and give us the ability to voice dial?

Thanks!

applejon

Jul 3, 2007
Can you make my iPhone ring louder, make the speakerphone louder, give us the ability to personalize ringtones, make the internet browsing way faster, keep the phone from resetting to the main screen in the middle of using the internet or browsing albums, let us check email faster than every 15 minutes, and give us the ability to voice dial?

Thanks!
I can assure you that Apple is currently aware of all the issues and concerns iPhone owners brought up. Please give us some time to address all of this before you bash Apple. Thanks

DHNF

Jul 1, 2007
I don't think I've ever bashed Apple. But good to hear they are aware of the early issues. The phone besides the issues I listed is amazing.

iJohn

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Long Island, NY
johnburke.tumblr.com
Is there a time frame for software updates? Will there be one big one or periodic updates? Will they be adding features?

I asked a few questions simply because I know you may not be able to tell me the answers to some or all of them. don't want to put you in a bad spot but any info would be great.

Thanks!

Welcome to EI.com

Ranged30

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
I can't browse on wifi while talking on the phone, but I thought I read I was supposed to be able to do that? Do I have a defective phone, it just keeps losing connection if I am on a call?

applejon

Jul 3, 2007
actually can you tell me when Apple will get a new shipment into their stores? :cool:
All shipments are done on a store by store basis. It depends on their current stock and how fast they sold out, also on the volumes they plan on selling. Hope that clears up this issue.

Is there a time frame for software updates? Will there be one big one or periodic updates? Will they be adding features?

I asked a few questions simply because I know you may not be able to tell me the answers to some or all of them. don't want to put you in a bad spot but any info would be great.

Thanks!

Welcome to EI.com
Sadly I can't reveal that information, all I can say is that we are working on it and that you should expect improvements in software in the upcoming month.

I can't browse on wifi while talking on the phone, but I thought I read I was supposed to be able to do that? Do I have a defective phone, it just keeps losing connection if I am on a call?
That is correct, the iPhone has the capability of being on the phone and browsing WiFi at the same time. Before jumping the gun and saying you have a defective phone, make sure your wifi connection is actually present and strong, because there is a chance the phone jumps to EDGE because it feels that the connection is stronger via EDGE, if the problem presists take it to the Apple store, I can diagnose if over the internet.

DMcGrew

Bronze
May 30, 2007
Yeah you should be able to. I know I can for sure.

applejon

Jul 3, 2007
Is it possible to surf using edge while talking on the phone? I think I've successfuly used wifi to surf while in conversation, but I haven't tried it with edge.
No. Altough EDGE and phone towers are different, you cannot surf EDGE and talk on the phone at the same time.

applejon

Jul 3, 2007
Are they going to improve safari or are we pretty much stuck with it as is? I mean its nice but it crashes far to often
Hey there Cartman :)
Yes, every time anything goes wrong with your phone keep tab of it, and when you plug it into iTunes it will sometimes ask you if you mind forwarding the information to Apple. Believe it or not, we get that informaiton and study why your Safari crashed, or whatever else may have happened and we put a constant effort to improve, I can ass you a more reliable Safari in the upcoming month.

propedderkustoms

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
How do I access the sync settings beyond the few options I get in iTunes [music, pics, videos, etc.]. I want to know how to stop it from syncing Internet Explorer favorites and mail settings. Thanks.

T-HAN

Bronze
May 11, 2007
How do I access the sync settings beyond the few options I get in iTunes [music, pics, videos, etc.]. I want to know how to stop it from syncing Internet Explorer favorites and mail settings. Thanks.

I want it to sync my favorites in the first damn place!

DMcGrew

Bronze
May 30, 2007
Click the Info tab in iTunes. The web browswer section is at the very bottom. Just uncheck the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.