Status
Not open for further replies.

iconone

Zealot
Gold
Apr 8, 2008
Clear Lake Texas
glass

I did not go through all 11 pages but i have a cracked screen (its bad) and i have only had my iPhone for about 3 or 4 month is it possible to get a new one without paying 250 for a replacement. i know Apple will not replace a cracked screen under warranty but can i do something to get a new one. Something anything like software, hardware i don't know. I don't want to pay 250$ for a 1g when the new one comes out so soon! Thanks

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I did not go through all 11 pages but i have a cracked screen (its bad) and i have only had my iPhone for about 3 or 4 month is it possible to get a new one without paying 250 for a replacement. i know Apple will not replace a cracked screen under warranty but can i do something to get a new one. Something anything like software, hardware i don't know. I don't want to pay 250$ for a 1g when the new one comes out so soon! Thanks
Sorry, but you're out of luck. If you want it repaired, then it'll cost you $250.

wotaru

May 22, 2008
have a crack on my i phone,i have it jailbroken and Apple wont fix it unless i return it to factory setting.I have done the restore to factory,but installer application is still on my phone and Apple store don't want to see it,how do i get rid of installer?Please help

Philly22

May 22, 2008
Firmware 2.0

Hi there, how do I get firmware 2.0 on my iPhone?

Hey guys...i work for Apple and might be able to answer questions, if not I will do my best do find the answers for you...
:laugh2:

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
wotaru: If you still have the Installer app, the restore was unsuccessful. Put it in recovery mode and plug it up to iTunes.

Philly22: I'm not sure Jon is still paying attention.

Hey guys, due to recent posts and threads, I had chose it is in best in my intrest, and apparently you members too if I stopped answering questions. Thank you for your time, and this is my final answer.
The only way I know of to get firmware 2.0 on the iPhone is to be a paid member of the iPhone developer program ($99).

Philly22

May 22, 2008
Thanks Fury! I'm not sure what recovery mode is. I still have the installer app and everything seems to be working. I only want firmware 2.0 so I can install an audio amp app.

One more question: is it highly ill-advised to install the apps that are from a non-secured source?

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
Recovery mode was directed to the previous poster. If you do that, you have to restore the phone. Putting it in that mode is done by holding in the power and home buttons for a long time. After 6 seconds, it cuts the power to the phone, and after another 6, it starts up and goes to the iTunes + cable screen. That's when you plug it in and iTunes will say "hey, you need to restore this"

I don't know of a way to get firmware 2.0 on a phone other than what I posted. I also wasn't aware there was a jailbreak community for 2.0 already... In any case, you should be fine to install apps from sources that aren't trusted, it's just one of those "don't be a dumbass with your data and then blame us for getting your iPhone fried or your credit card info stolen" screens. As long as you're smart about which ones you install and what info you put on your phone, you have nothing to worry about. Everything can be put back to normal by restoring your phone. It's just like regular computers - you don't have to explicitly protect them as long as you're just careful about what you do with them. I don't have antivirus or antispyware products on my PCs, and I don't have any problems.

Flyingstar

Bronze
Jul 29, 2007
So. Cal
I just started having the following issue: Volume of ring tone goes to zero without me changing the slider under settings.sound? I keep missing calls! happens every other day or so?

Keeper35

May 8, 2008
Help!

OK, this is a serious problem, any help would be appreciated.

I have Family Guy episodes that were purchased via i-Tunes and I have i_Phone to play said episodes. Life is great, not so fast. Recently about half of the episodes won't sync with my phone.

I have a folder titled Family Guy episodes that I move episodes in and out of. I have the phone set to sync checked episodes only but I made sure they were checked. I'll put three or four episodes in the folder and only one or two will show up on the phone.

This didn't happen the first time I watched these episodes, but now I'm watching them over and I can't figure it out. Any ideas?

bealss

May 28, 2008
Bluetooth keeps redialing last number

I can assure you that Apple is currently aware of all the issues and concerns iPhone owners brought up. Please give us some time to address all of this before you bash Apple. Thanks
My Bluetooth headset (a Motorola H500) keeps redialing the last called number when I don't want it to. I'm not sure what is activating it. Since it's often my wife, it drives her nuts. How can I prevent this? I see I called some poor guy 17 times last week! You could get a bad reputation doing that kind of thing! I don't see any way to disable the redial feature

I'm assuming it's the Bluetooth headset because it doesn't seem to happen when it's completely off.

SB

djojojo

May 26, 2008
Help

I´ve been trying to restore it with iTunes and it gives me an error.
Is there any other way to restore an iPhone?
I´ve got a 1.4, so it´s updated. The problem is that i´ve downloaded some sources on installer and it simply started to not working (only the installer). The rest of the iPhone works perfectly.
Can you help me please?

Aug 14, 2008
Opening Office Files

Do you know if you can open MS office files with an iPhone.
Any help will be appreciated

Hey guys...i work for Apple and might be able to answer questions, if not I will do my best do find the answers for you...

iChristian

Bronze
May 28, 2008
Do you know if you can open MS office files with an iPhone.
Any help will be appreciated
I believe there are some applications on the App store that offer this support. There's also Microsoft Exchange set up in mail. Good luck finding what you need.

pemarsh

Bronze
Jun 5, 2007
email blues with iPhone 2.0

colstiger....are you aware of all the email and push email problems there are since 2.0? I always had all my emails (over 30 a day) pushed to my phone without any problems (yahoo email address). Since 2.0, no luck...maybe less than 20% get through. Ive done everything you can think of. See this link to an Apples forum for a very long list of posts regarding email problems with 2.0
Can you elaborate on this? Does Apple know about this?

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1603761

Aug 16, 2008
I cannot delete two emails from my iPhone 3g. The message "Unable to Move Message" The message could not be moved to the mailbox trash." pops up on both emails when I try to delete them. I've tried numerous times over several days.

aaronsiphone

Bronze
Dec 28, 2007
this guy has long gone, don't think he'll answer you question!

iChristian

Bronze
May 28, 2008
They should delete this thread because this guy is not coming back. Haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.