Have U seen your next upgrade date online, as per AT&T, since preordering?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Sharunda, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

I was curious to see how fast my AT&T account would change to my next years date after completing this preorder for the iPhone 4S.

Well, I was eligible on June 26, 2011 for an upgrade. My husband was eligible on February 6, 2011 for an upgrade.

I decided to check what AT&T adjusted my next date to. Well, my husband and my new upgrade date is May 8, 2013. I don't understand a 17 month wait this time around. The only thing I can think is this date might change.

In case it doesn't, I am already making plans to save $ to buy the next iPhone in October, if it comes out then. It's just what I do. I get the new one every year no matter what. AT&T has been good to me so far in allowing my yearly upgrades. Maybe next go around they'll adjust the dates again.

So, have you all checked what AT&T has for your next upgrade date yet? If you don't have AT&T then tell us what your new date is if you've looked.

2. medenblik

medenblik Contributor
    Silver

mine now says......i pre-ordered this morning

5/06/2013.

3. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

Ah, I see a pattern. Well dag on it! That just feels like a long time. Hopefully this date will change to closer to whatever the release date of the next iPhone will be.

We can dream right? LOL!

4. medenblik

medenblik Contributor
    Silver

yeah I hope so too..............

5. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Mine says 5/08/2013
    Preordered this morning at 5am.

6. GSXRMike

GSXRMike Member
    Silver

5/08/2013 here. Looks like I'll be paying the +$250 again next year when they release the 5.

7. Tinman

Tinman Evangelist
    Gold

Wow I assumed this was only if you got it through AT&T. But I guess it is the same if you order from Apple as mine now says 5/7/2013. I didn't think it changed yet because when I logged onto AT&T it first gave me the "You are eligible to upgrade!" message. But when I clicked to check that date had changed.

Michael

8. GSXRMike

GSXRMike Member
    Silver

So I'm guessing we're all basically screwed come iPhone 5 time. Haha.

9. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

Oh, I always check after an upgrade as to what date they give me next.

After my hubby's iPhone was stolen I was magically made the primary on the account and that got me the yearly upgrade. That's why I was happy that this time around we could get the new iPhone 4S at the same time. With the iPhone 4 he was not eligible but I did get it and now we both get the 4S, but next year what will happen, IDK.

10. gotzaiPhone

gotzaiPhone Zealot
    Gold

Mine say 05/08/13 also, which is odd because I am the primary on my $200 a month family plan. I've always got the 12 month upgrade option before.

11. medenblik

medenblik Contributor
    Silver

i have another line i will upgrade (that is eligible) when the IP5 comes out in 2012, if AT&T doesn't let us Upgrade early

12. Tinman

Tinman Evangelist
    Gold

I usually check after I actually have the phone.

Now I know why last year I had a problem when I cancelled my Apple store order then tried to order it again: it would never go through again but I was only told I had to do it in person. It must have messed up my eligibility date on the AT&T side. I won't be canceling this time.

Last year I was on a businesss trip on the day of release and didn't want to not be home when it arrived. So I cancelled the order and instead had it reserved at an Apple store where I was going to be. Well that turned into a disaster as I could not wait the 4+ hours for even the reserved line. So had to cancel that too. Finally picked up at Walmart a few days later. Not going through that again!

Michael

13. Tinman

Tinman Evangelist
    Gold

Right from the time of ordering? I didn't even know they showed the early upgrade dates this, well, early.

Michael

14. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

This is why I'm not upgrading until iPhone 6.

15. Eragon

Eragon Zealot
    Gold

The dates we're seeing after upgrading should be the typical normal contract upgrades (e.g., month 20 or so on a 24 month contract). My experience to date has been this date will change over the course of the contract depending on how much the primary line is paying.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

16. Joshua Andru

Joshua Andru New Member

My Upgrade Says A Full Discount On A Standard Device Or iPhone Upgrade Is Not Available At This Time But You May Qualify On 01/25/2012.We can offer you a discounted iPhone upgrade at 2-yr commitment and an $18 upgrade fee.please vist a participating iPhone sales location for pricing on this offer

17. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

like always it won't let me log in.........

18. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

Hmmm 5/7/13
    and that seems early to me afterall we sign a 2 year contract

which would be October 2013

I am good my other lines show

You may qualify for a full discount on a standard iPhone upgrade on 10/03/2012
    You may qualify for a full discount on a standard iPhone upgrade on 03/01/2012
    Thinking so my next phones will be unlocked No contract

19. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

Yes, I thought my date was strange too. i suppose this date will be changing as time marches on.

Yes, this makes sense. Thanks for bringing that up.

20. Joshua Andru

Joshua Andru New Member

http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/cell-phone-details/?device=Samsung+Flight+%28TM%29+II+-++%28Refurbished%29&q_sku=sku5130251#fbid=85cYnHugJHF That Is The Link For That Samsung Flight 2 Its A Touch Screen And Wished I Can Get It Before January That Way I Would Already Have It For My Upgrade B/C I Really Like That Phone Att Had Changed The Upgrade Dates And Mine Was Supose To Been In August This Year And Now Changed It They Did The Same Way To My Grandmother Hers Was Supose To Have Been In July Now Changed To December 12-8-2011 Now My Date Just Got Changed To 1/24/2012 They Are Messing With The Account So What To Do