Have we unknowingly been beta testing?

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
What's to stop the developers of summerboard or customize from going "legit" and submitting thief stuff to Apple via SDK? Everyone would buy it! I know with a lot of the useless app that it won't matter; but if the apps that are most downloaded end up doing this, how much longer will installer last? Anyone's thoughts on this?

I guess personally, it doesn't make a big difference, depending on the price.

x666x

Bronze
Jan 24, 2008
Well, you can never update and use their apps for free, or go legit and enjoy a much more robustly supported payware community.

I have no problem beta testing, if anything it let's me know what is worth paying for. Would I pay for Summerboard? Yes.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
I'm an apps junkie. Happy beta testing, happy with paying for apps that are good enough and / or useful enough. And yeah, pay for Summerboard = no worries ...

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I'm an apps junkie. Happy beta testing, happy with paying for apps that are good enough and / or useful enough. And yeah, pay for Summerboard = no worries ...
Ditto. I would pay for it and Customize, should they come to the other side.

- John

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
I'll probably end up spending too much money on legit 3rd party apps. I hope summerboard and customize go legit.

Runamuck

Bronze
Jan 30, 2008
LOL, I've got news for you.....

You've been Apple's beta tester for the iPhone since iLaunch.

The apps like summerboard, etc. were alpha releases.

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
LOL, I've got news for you.....

You've been Apple's beta tester for the iPhone since iLaunch.

The apps like summerboard, etc. were alpha releases.
Exactly what I was going to say!

I hope we see summerboard and customize. I would gladly pay 10$ for each to have continued support as the iPhone version changes. I just hope the SDK and what it allows developers to do and what Apple will allow will meet the communities expectations.....

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
well if we don't have a choice but to pay then pay I will. I mean the other option I'd going back to a plain Jain boring iPhone and after jailbreaking there's no way I could do that.

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
well if we don't have a choice but to pay then pay I will. I mean the other option I'd going back to a plain Jain boring iPhone and after jailbreaking there's no way I could do that.
Really? I only miss the customizable aspect of jailbreaking. None of the apps are all that useful to me, except taskbar notifier. I'm jailbroken again, but I only have AFP, iphysics, and vnc installed. I used to have about 4 pages of crap I don't use. I guess I'm getting old. :)

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
I would totally pay for a stable customize!

callisto9

Bronze
Feb 12, 2008
IOWA
i'd definitely pay for a legit customize and summerboard. the support would be nice. i'll pay for 3rd party apps, no problem, if they're good.