Have you dropped it yet?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

dsenart

Jul 16, 2007
Come on.. I know some of you out there have dropped your iPhone.. so what was your response when you dropped it and what was the outcome of the fall (damage etc..)

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
yep near the pool on concrete. My mom dropped it. Scratch isn't visible that much since ive used it a lot. I thing the oils buffed it out.

dsuppa

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
New Jersey
www.dfsdesigns.com
My friend dropped mine the day after I got it, and I dropped it myself on more than 1 occasion, but luckily no scratches because all the drops were either on carpet or hard wood floors no concrete..............yet.

dsenart

Jul 16, 2007

yeah but you're leaving out the best part.. what was your response as it was falling, after it fell...

son of a..... F**K ... etc.. i know you yelled out something..

I haven't dropped mine yet but i forsee it coming..

DRabbit

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
Yup. I was in the car (passenger, not driver) and it was resting on my lap while I was looking for something in my glovebox. Hubby took a sharp turn and it slid right off my lap and down in-between the center console and the seat, and I heard it hit the metal brackets and plunk down onto the uncarpeted part of the floor. Hubby and I just looked at each other briefly in disbelief.

I retrieved it, and luckily, no harm done! *phew*

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Dropped mine in a supermarket. I had already checked out, but forgot Mike's Hard Lemonade. Checking out at self-checkout and they card me. iPhone (in FoofPod case) goes tumbling to the floor. My luck, the unexposed corner hits the hard floor. It's a minor scuff, but it's a scuff. It bothers the hell outta me. I'm on my third case --- using the Belkin Slip Pouch and does a great job of securing the iPhone.

As careful as I am with my iPhone, there will still be times when it meets an untimely drop. For me, it came a few days to early. I think it would've faired better if it were in the Belkin.

Romanesq

Bronze
Jul 11, 2007
Yup...

Well I had a tumble after a tiring trip. Got up heard the phone ringing went to pick it up off the nightstand and coordination still off down it went crashing to the wooden floor about a three foot drop.

Nothing to report other than it works and thank the heavens for that lovely rigid Casemate design. Strong and leathery resulted in no problems.

dsuppa

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
New Jersey
www.dfsdesigns.com
yeah but you're leaving out the best part.. what was your response as it was falling, after it fell...

son of a..... F**K ... etc.. i know you yelled out something..

I haven't dropped mine yet but i forsee it coming..
It actually didn't bother me because I figure it's gonna get dropped anyway so whats the point of getting mad, but he looked like he just $hit the bed, lol.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Come on.. I know some of you out there have dropped your iPhone.. so what was your response when you dropped it and what was the outcome of the fall (damage etc..)
Dropped mine on carpeted floor when I fell asleep holding it. Luckily, it slid down my leg and fell on the carpet without damage.

rj5620

Bronze
Jun 2, 2007
In the car had it between my legs and then forgetting got out and it hit the concrete, I yelled ^&%^ and am slowing getting over it.:cool:

mabigwiz

Bronze
Jul 16, 2007
So I take my iPhone out of the case to show a coworker the sleek design and of course as I am taking it out I bobble it and BAM right onto the desk. Little scuf mark but that was it.

fosterhere

Bronze
Jul 15, 2007
Cold Spring on Hudson, NY
That's what you get for putting it in that protective case.;)
Well I'm NOW iPhone naked after the Belken clear (DORKY) belt clip broke on a run to my car during a thunder storm. CRACK I hear the case open and flop the iPhone pops out onto the cold wet hard parking lot Now it fits nicely in my pocket and wont fall out. and is easy to get to and looks much better except for a little scratch that only I can notice

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Well I'm NOW iPhone naked after the Belken clear (DORKY) belt clip broke on a run to my car during a thunder storm. CRACK I hear the case open and flop the iPhone pops out onto the cold wet hard parking lot Now it fits nicely in my pocket and wont fall out. and is easy to get to and looks much better except for a little scratch that only I can notice
Once again that's what you get.;)

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
Main reason I don't want a case. Besides the fact that the phone looks damn good naked, is because your #1 most likely time of dropping the phone is when you're trying to dig it out of that snug case, or snap it from the holster. I just think about what I'm doing, everytime I pick it up or pull it out of my pocket.