Have you had your iPhone replaced/repaired?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Have you had issues with your iPhone?

• I've had my Phone repaired or replaced

Votes: 14 40.0%
  • I have had some problems, but not requiring repairs

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • No problems! :)

Votes: 18 51.4%

• Total voters

Peter000

Sep 17, 2007
I'm just interested in finding out (with an unscientific straw poll) what percentage of owners have had their iPhone repaired or replaced.

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
I'd like to see more response too. I think that we see a lot of complaining on these boards, but in reality there are a lot more fuctional phones than non-functional. So come on people lets see!

vtec236

Sep 11, 2007
Colorado
I bought my iPhone about a two weeks ago and have had only one thing come up. My Right earbud with the mic has troubles with audio, It will sometimes fade completely out and i have to shake the cord in order to make it come back on. It is not that i am getting messages either i know what that is and sounds like. The left earbud has no problems what so ever, so how would i get this fixed? Apple store? i bought it at the local AT&T Store to save a 60 min drive to the local Apple store

Other than that the phone has worked great since day one!

oriolesfan23

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
Virginia
A strip across the middle of my screen wouldn't respond to touch, so I got it replaced. The new iPhone that I got keeps on freezing, I don't know why.

bbguy5

Bronze
Jul 26, 2007
Rolling Meadows, IL
I bought my iPhone about a two weeks ago and have had only one thing come up. My Right earbud with the mic has troubles with audio, It will sometimes fade completely out and i have to shake the cord in order to make it come back on. It is not that i am getting messages either i know what that is and sounds like. The left earbud has no problems what so ever, so how would i get this fixed? Apple store? i bought it at the local AT&T Store to save a 60 min drive to the local Apple store

Other than that the phone has worked great since day one!
call Apple. It took two days for them to ship me new earbuds, and I got my phone on I-Day

bambam26

Bronze
Sep 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I clicked yes since mine is going in for repair for the battery lasting 4 hours for talk and 16 hours on standby, DA** Steve Jobs... Plus I am out 59.00 on a two week iPhone and the cost of a new screen protector.

domi

Bronze
Aug 13, 2007
Texas
i had my iPhone replaced cause my screen just shattered :( i expected for Apple to just replace the screen and send me my iPhone back....three days later i got a box from Apple and i was happy cause i had my iPhone back. when i opened it, i read the letter and to my surprise Apple had sent me a new one! that was about 3 weeks ago, and i just sold my 4gb and upgraded to an 8 gb last week. i got my original iPhone a couple of days after iDay cause they ran out in my city.

H

Hayesimus

Mine is currently at the iHospital gettin its iTreatment. It developed a speech impediment(touch screen problem. couldn't answer text messages or hit the call button.) so anyway, they expect it to make a complete iCovery. :S i hope!

Mike02z

Sep 10, 2007
I had my first iPhone replaced. There was a crack at the top of the screen and 3 dead pixels. I replaced mine at an AT&T store but it took 1.5 hours to get them to do it due to Apples rules around returns of the iPhone. My nearest Apple store is over an hour away. This one is better but there is a light streak down one side when you look at it from a certain angle. I may take it back to Apple when I'm near the store but it's not bad. I will be the first to admit that I'm pretty anal about stuff like this.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I haven't had any problems yet and I have been modding my iPhone pretty hardcore for a couple of weeks now. Knock on wood of course, but, I've still got a Statefarm Insurance policy should anything go wrong.