Have you heard about error 1604 when restoring?

Musalaya

Bronze
Sep 7, 2011
I faced this error when i tried to restore ipod touch. You can't use your iPod touch after that. can't even turn on. Only the iTunes logo shows up on the screen. It says to restore but when u try to restore 1604 error pops out in iTunes. And can't do anything. But somehow I managed to give life to it. I just want to ask will I still face any errors when I upgrade my iPod touch. If any error pops out in iTunes when upgrading saying cant upgrade, will I be able to restart iPod touch and use the current software or will I get stuck again like when I tried to restore?
Pls becuz the new iOS 5 is not too far!

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Where you restoring a jailbroken iPod Touch?

To prevent errors make sure that iTunes is up to date first. Correct any modifications to your hosts file if you've used TU.

Musalaya

Bronze
Sep 7, 2011
You guys didn't understand my question

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
You guys didn't understand my question
That's not exactly the best response to make when people are clearly trying to help you. Your threads have been merged. If you feel like you're not getting the answers to your questions, simplify your question.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
As far as I can tell your one question is, will iTunes error when updating your iOS? This question has certain variables that have to be considered. Has your device been jailbroken previously, is your hosts file correct, is iTunes up to date?

Musalaya

Bronze
Sep 7, 2011
That's not exactly the best response to make when people are clearly trying to help you. Your threads have been merged. If you feel like you're not getting the answers to your questions, simplify your question.
No way simplifying this one

Musalaya

Bronze
Sep 7, 2011
As far as I can tell your one question is, will iTunes error when updating your iOS? This question has certain variables that have to be considered. Has your device been jailbroken previously, is your hosts file correct, is iTunes up to date?
That is not the point. My question is will I be able to upgrade it without getting any error messages. It is OKAY if I get errors but can I just ignore it and restart iPod touch and use it unlike can't even turn on my iPod touch when I tried to restore.
Sorry I'm bad @ English :(

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
That is not the point. My question is will I be able to upgrade it without getting any error messages. It is OKAY if I get errors but can I just ignore it and restart iPod touch and use it unlike can't even turn on my iPod touch when I tried to restore.
Sorry I'm bad @ English :(
I think I covered your point. You may or may not receive an error, you'll have to check what I've previously mentioned.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
We can't guarantee that you won't get errors when you update to iOS 5. The majority of people update without problems. You'll have to restore if you get errors during the update process. Apple has troubleshooting guides for each error code.

Musalaya

Bronze
Sep 7, 2011
We can't guarantee that you won't get errors when you update to iOS 5. The majority of people update without problems. You have to restore if you get errors during the update process. Apple has troubleshooting guides for each error code.
Thanks and I'm waiting till the iOS 5 beta 7 releases!

Musalaya

Bronze
Sep 7, 2011
I just installed iTunes in a different computer and I'm going to restore iPod touch in that computer. I don't have any saved back ups. I just want to restore. I don't want any apps or stuff in my iPod touch. I don't care even if I lose stuff on my iPod touch. My question is will I be able to restore iPod touch in another computer?

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Threads merged again.

Your device will restore just fine on another computer. As previously stated (a few times now) make sure iTunes is fully upto date before you restore your device.