Have you sold your iPhone for the 3G version?

Romanesq

Bronze
Jul 11, 2007
I just sold my iPhone. Did the local craigslist in New York. Never saw anything like it in all the years of buying and selling via the internet. Actually, nothing like it since the 1994 World Cup. But that was when Google was just the Newsgroups (and later became Deja vu.)

So got lots of bids even when told people it was sold. One guy came in with a bid very late of $500 but he was a typical phony. Sold it for $340.

Now the only debate is whether to go to the local AT&T early and hope there's no lines or an Apple Store and use the nice $100 credit toward the new 16GB.

Decisions, decisions. Oh and for one day I have no phone.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
No, but I will be selling it (jailbreaking and unlocking it first) after I get iPhone 3G.

- John

topspin

Oct 12, 2007
sold mine 20 days ago and have felt like a cellphoneless crackwhore ever since.

atldvd

Bronze
Jan 8, 2008
N.E. Oklahoma
I put mine on ebay at around 9PM with a buy it now of $385 (not jailbroken.) Before 4AM I had the money in my paypal account! Guy in Ukraine bought it. Then, my sweet wife promptly spent the money I was saving for a new iPhone. So, now I'm trying to sell some other stuff on ebay to get $299 back again!

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
Well it looks last night like they did account sweeps because all of a sudden I'm not upgrade eligible. I sold my iPhone last week and was eligible until this morning.

topspin

Oct 12, 2007
did you cancel the service.
I reported my lost and the put it on hold.:cool:

CSRobe02

Bronze
Jun 27, 2008
Well it looks last night like they did account sweeps because all of a sudden I'm not upgrade eligible. I sold my iPhone last week and was eligible until this morning.
Wow, I just checked and the same thing happened to me. It has been showing me eligible for over a week, and now it says that I am not eligible? Luckily I printed the page that showed me eligible, so maybe that will hold some merit? I will be royally pissed if they try to tell me that I cant upgrade!

bls8195

Bronze
Apr 23, 2008
Texas City, TX
Mine is still showing that I am allow to upgrade, but I have yet to sell my current iPhone so maybe thats why, I figured I would sell it after I boguth the 3G

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
Mine is still showing that I am allow to upgrade, but I have yet to sell my current iPhone so maybe thats why, I figured I would sell it after I boguth the 3G
Now I'm really scared. Were you eligible anyway or were you issued the early upgrade special because you purchased the iPhone? I just started a thread on this.

bls8195

Bronze
Apr 23, 2008
Texas City, TX
Its ok, I called AT&T and it does not matter what it shows in the system, if you have an iPhone or what not or had one, you can upgrade to the new one they have people at the store that are going to overide that basically, b/c they want you to buy the new 3G its more money for them, so bacially it does not matter what the account is showing you will still be able to upgrade.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Yeah. I sold mine on eBay, but the person who bought it had stolen someone else's paypal account, so I wound up losing the phone (it had shipped) and never got any money for it.

But I'm over that now... Grumble, grumble...

sonicwind

Bronze
May 12, 2008
I'll put mine on eBay the day I have a working 3G in hand. Which will be tomorrow or the next day, or soon after that or later after that. But probably tomorrow. I don't have to worry about eligibility because my first phone isn't under contract and I'm not transferring my phone number either. I'll be a "new" customer. The Go Phone accounts are completely separate.

streborhcaz

Bronze
Nov 16, 2007
Mine is on ebay as I type. The auction ends on Monday, let's hope in those 3 days, I can get the 3G!

Joon

Bronze
Jul 14, 2007
I have had to relist twice as I have been stiffed both times. I am so frustrated with ebay you have no idea. They really need to do better when it comes to verifying their members. It is a total joke. Eh, whatever.

hydro94530

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
So I take it's true that we don't have to trade in the one we have for the upgrade? It was a stupid rumor but I want to make sure.

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
Yup, I had it happen to me 3 times on eBay. People go bidding mad and then regret what they did and no longer wish to pay for the item. You did everything right, and they messed you about. If you place negative feedback on them, they can do the same to you.

eBay is not interested in helping you, they just want the cash!

I have had to relist twice as I have been stiffed both times. I am so frustrated with ebay you have no idea. They really need to do better when it comes to verifying their members. It is a total joke. Eh, whatever.

Joon

Bronze
Jul 14, 2007
Yup, I had it happen to me 3 times on eBay. People go bidding mad and then regret what they did and no longer wish to pay for the item. You did everything right, and they messed you about. If you place negative feedback on them, they can do the same to you.

eBay is not interested in helping you, they just want the cash!
I got lucky, the person paid $420 for the phone and $35 shipping to Sweden. Paypal transaction complete, I will wait till Monday to ship however so the money transfers to my bank account. Don't need them taking it from me. So happy right now.

kevlar08

Zealot
Gold
Jul 3, 2008
Colorado
I just sold my iPhone. Did the local craigslist in New York. Never saw anything like it in all the years of buying and selling via the internet. Actually, nothing like it since the 1994 World Cup. But that was when Google was just the Newsgroups (and later became Deja vu.)

So got lots of bids even when told people it was sold. One guy came in with a bid very late of $500 but he was a typical phony. Sold it for $340.

Now the only debate is whether to go to the local AT&T early and hope there's no lines or an Apple Store and use the nice $100 credit toward the new 16GB.

Decisions, decisions. Oh and for one day I have no phone.
seems like an easy one to me, go use that 100 bucks