Have you updated to iOS 6, what are your first impressions

So far my impression on the update is it's a little smoother and cleaner. I like the facebook and twitter integration in the pull down menu. It is also easier to add attachments on FB. Maps is a really cool upgrade and the stock feature of talk assist directions is nice. The dialer is a little out of the blue.. (no pun intended) All in all I like it.. I will especially like it on my iPhone 5 if sprint ever gets around to sending out shipping info so I can sleep at night! ha

Kobel1up

Contributor
Bronze
Mar 14, 2012
Eastern Ohio
I found it to be a fast and easy update. I like the new features, I only wish that I got Siri and voice turn by turn navigation. I will be updating to the 5 in the spring.

Jsims1

Bronze
Apr 13, 2011
I like it. I don't feel like my 3GS is any slower than it was with iOS 5. Can't wait to see what It looks like on a 4s. Kind of confused at first. Didn't realize the status bar at the top was gonna be grey/blue in things like text and other apps. The new dialer throws me too... But I'm sure ill get used to it.

jmp316

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 10, 2008
LOTS of new emoji! This is a neat new feature.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Mindi just updated her iPad to iOS 6. My impressions are that it makes her late to go out for lunch. I'm starving. Now she wants a penny from me to compare the size of the new connector. Of course, my penny isn't shiny enough.

I'l never eat today.
Think this may be one of the heavily underrated new features - keeping Kevin lean and mean and hungry.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
Been using it for a while too. Love the nav, the panorama feature, not fond of my Facebook friends appearing in my contacts list. How do I reverse that?
So many cool additions to iOS. I really like them all!

tybirdtybird

Contributor
Bronze
May 6, 2010
Westfield, In
Been using it for a while too. Love the nav, the panorama feature, not fond of my Facebook friends appearing in my contacts list. How do I reverse that?
Do you ask Siri to post ? Also looking setting ? There twitter & Facebook listed by it self. I turn them off.

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
Go into settings. Scroll down to Facebook. Select Facebook. Toggle option to "off" to allow app to use your account.

ja3ery5e.jpg

Booyow1204

Contributor
Silver
Jul 14, 2010
Las Vegas
Has everybody had an easy time w/the Apple update servers? Sounds like there won't be a repeat of the last big upgrade where the update software choked, correct me if I'm wrong. At work and will update this evening when I'm home.

B89rent89

Bronze
Sep 19, 2012
Has everybody had an easy time w/the Apple update servers? Sounds like there won't be a repeat of the last big upgrade where the update software choked, correct me if I'm wrong. At work and will update this evening when I'm home.

B89rent89

Bronze
Sep 19, 2012
Seemed to take much longer than IOS 5 on both a 4S and new iPad. Do we have a phases of the moon icon
up to the left of the time?(phone only)

K.C.

Contributor
Bronze
Nov 15, 2011
California
So far I like it okay. I like the Facebook integration and Siri seems smarter and more fun! However I cannot find my location services! I wanted to use the map but my location services option is gone! Any advice on where it is? I did a little bit of browsing and see that this is a known issue today

tybirdtybird

Contributor
Bronze
May 6, 2010
Westfield, In
So far I like it okay. I like the Facebook integration and Siri seems smarter and more fun! However I cannot find my location services! I wanted to use the map but my location services option is gone! Any advice on where it is? I did a little bit of browsing and see that this is a known issue today
It in setting then privacy

iPhoneFan10

Bronze
Jun 27, 2010
You can turn off the addition of your Facebook friends in your contact list by deselecting the "All Facebook" section of your "Groups" folder (within your telephone contacts)..