Have you updated to iOS 6, what are your first impressions

BillF

Mar 5, 2012
Well dang; guess that means I have something set wrong. Thanks for the reply. You are running iOS6, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I found my error. I had the "Lock Sounds" in Off. Duh

Reason I hadn't found it is because I had tried it, but it appears one has to power off and back on for it to take effect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brent89

Dec 6, 2010
What does moon icon mean ?
Up to the left of the time, at top of screen is Moon Phase icon, partial moon. I've since discovered it appears on iPad and iPhone when you turn on "Do Not Disturb" in settings.

Brent89

Dec 6, 2010
What does moon icon mean ?
Up to the left of the time, at top of screen is Moon Phase icon, partial moon. I've since discovered it appears on iPad and iPhone when you turn on "Do Not Disturb" in settings.

JDem

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 19, 2011
NNJ and Central PA
I really hate to be a complainer and I know some will say its perception and they're probably partly right, but here goes...

Is it just me or does the Apple "experience" of the last few weeks or months feel sloppy to anyone else?

- rMBP experiencing IR issues at a seemingly high rate and Apple conspicuously silent on the issue.
- iPhone preorders from last week getting pushed back. My neighbor ordered about the same time as me and just got pushed to 10/5.
- iMessage down then up then down again (hasn't worked for me in 2 hours).
- iOS 6 release which appears to be buggy
-- System sounds don't appear to be reliable. I only get audible notifications about every 3rd or 4th text.
-- Auto-Brightness seems to have stopped working.
-- Rampant WiFi issues.
-- Maps navigation isn't all that reliable the couple of times I tried it. Distances are way off.
-- Passbook hoops to jump through to get it set up. Some say you can link to it straight from Starbucks or United Airlines etc, but that doesn't seem to work for everyone.
-- iTunes or App store connectivity problems.
-- App Store choppiness and "Androidy" feel to it.

I know all these issues are not universal, but they are enough to make me ask, "What the heck is going on?".

EDIT: As I typed this I got 3 SMS's (cause iMessage is still down for me) and my phone did not beep once! I might do a full restore and install.

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
OMG I scream how excited I am !
I tested Turn by Turn and Siri
Amazing
I still can get over HOW MUCH BETTER SIRI is. She finally understands german accent!
I took wrong turns while blasting sons Dubstep music and talking to Siri
Everything was working as it should.
To bad we/I had to wait so long to get it to work !
Passbook well they could have waited a bid until more Companies get on board.
Overall my 4s seems to already work faster and is more responsive with iOS6
The Photo stream sharing should be a little easier but son and I agree pretty cool feature
Siri is the bomb !
turn by turn fantastic
On Maps I wonder why there is so many complaining ?
I miss streetview so I got an APP what works great
I always used Apps for puplic transportation
Google maps was not up to date and it drove me insane looney
Getting my phone tomorrow and can't wait to see how much faster (always faster) it will be responding.

Smarty2600

Bronze
Apr 23, 2011
My first impression is that ios 6 is really buggy. At first I was having email problems with my gmail account and had to reset it but the first time it didn't let me re-add it to my accounts and luckily it worked the second time. But now since ios 6. I can't download any updates to my apps they are all stuck saying waiting and I have no idea what to do. About the only major feature I am excited for is facebook integration. And considering the maps and other major overhauls I have an ipod touch 4th gen. I also have an ipad but I am waiting to upgrade until I have dealt with the bugs on ipod. I want to have at least one working device.

Hillbilly

Bronze
Feb 9, 2011
I am starting to appreciate it a little more. Performance is more crisp and battery life on my 4S seems better, finally. Still to early to say for certain though.

There does seem to be some bugs in the flowers. Hopefully they will be remedied soon, along with erroneous maps.

lancer_325

Bronze
Jun 9, 2010
I'm loving ios6. Im in Ireland and I used the maps on the way to work this morning and I'm pleasantly surprised. Really excellent and picked up alternative routes very quickly as I made my way on my usual backstreet shortcuts. ios6 seems a lot more snappy and makes my 4s much quicker. Im also pleasantly surprised that Siri seems to work perfectly here. All in all I'm very happy the update

JanL

Bronze
Aug 26, 2010
Oklahoma City, OK
I updated my iPhone 4. It lost most of my folders that my pictures where in and I could not get on wifi from my house the first day. I can't wait to get my 5 so I can try all the features.

lwerle

Bronze
Feb 6, 2012
I updated my 4s. I love the new operating system. Seamless and smooth on Sprint!

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I spent an hour this morning reading over tweets and articles about how bad the maps app is. It seems that more complaints are from the UK, but those that were from the US were about outdated info and distance was way way off.
Zooming in apparently sucks too.
That's basically the only negative I've heard.

murad32

Oct 27, 2011
I can get my passbook working after upgrade on 4s, also It cannot connect to App Store ! Freaking me out ! Any suggestions ?

Skb2000

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 1, 2010
Scottsdale, AZ
www.sherrylbuchler.com
It seems to be OK.. I don't care for the white dialer but I am sure I will get used to it. Updated apps no longer requires a log in which is much more convenient, but some seem to pop up saying they cannot be downloaded at this time. I haven't tried out the turn by turn Maps, but I usually use Navigon so this is not a perk for me, although it will come in handy when not in the US.
I did the update on both my 4S and iP2.

I don't think Passport works on ip2... not that I will be doing anything with it since it seems not to be functional.

Nice to see you Naps.

jmp316

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 10, 2008
App Store is light years better. Downloading apps without entering password and keeping the app open are perfect.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
I'm less than thrilled with the new dialer. I didn't think it would last to the public release. I just don't get it. It doesn't look like it belongs within iOS.
yeah, their design choices to me are not consistent. they've metal-ized parts (music app, dialer, etc), and black-gloss-ized others (camera app). Just pick one and be done with it, I don't care which one. Seems like they're changing for the sake of change, which is not very Applesque.