Have you used Apple Pay?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

iprncess

Bronze
Jul 13, 2008
I used it for the first time tonight to get my son ice cream from McDonalds. It was kinda funny because when the receipt printed the cashier said "Wait, what did you do? How did you do that?" A. She didn't even know they had the capability (same on them) and B. It was so fast she totally missed it.

I can see me using this daily and stores who don't get on the NFC train are going to get left in the dust. Can't count how many times I've rushed out the house without my purse (Did it last Friday) BUT I always have the cellphone.

Zanthe

#apple
Gold
Aug 9, 2007
Can somebody explain how Apple Pay works? iDumb so need help understanding.

It's an app right? Do you enter your Apple ID into it?

up10ad

Genius
Gold
Aug 1, 2007
Fruita , CO
up10ad.com
After setup you don't need the app to use it. Just move your locked phone near the payment terminal and it picks up the purchase transaction. Use your TouchID to confirm the purchase.

Rick
Pardon my driving, I'm not texting, I'm reloading

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
And how does the clerk/cashier use it without a valid fingerprint?
I just went to McDonald's through the drive through and they wouldn't have a way to do it yet as she had to lift the scanner to let me try it. She didn't have a clue what I was even talking about but the lady at the next window did. She said it's possible inside but they are trying to make it possible through the drive through.