Have you used Apple Pay?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by iprncess, Oct 22, 2014.

1. silvermoon

silvermoon Evangelist
    Gold

It's not completely automated. I still have to wait for someone to bring me my food and if there is a problem with my bill to get it corrected. If technology is going to automate our daily lives, it should either be full automation or not at all. Until then, I want the personal touch when I'm dining in a restaurant.

2. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

If you mean having someone take down your order then I agree. It should stay that way.

3. Tattooed Alex

Tattooed Alex Genius
    Gold

To be realistic you can't expect full automation in a restaurant, as you stated someone still needs to bring you your food.

4. silvermoon

silvermoon Evangelist
    Gold

Yes. There has to be someone to bring me my food which brings me to my point that if it can't be full automation, the whole process should not be automated. There needs to be human interaction.

5. silvermoon

silvermoon Evangelist
    Gold

The Jetsons doesn't count.

6. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Jetsons.jpg

7. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

How in the hell did this thread start with Apple Pay and end up discussing the Jetsons going out for dinner?

8. silvermoon

silvermoon Evangelist
    Gold

It was all Napoleon.

9. ivantwilliams

ivantwilliams Evangelist
    Gold

I haven't used Apple Pay as of yet. Albeit I want to try it, I'm rather nervous about adding my banking/credit card into said feature.

Now, if I could add my PayPal account, then we'd be onto something. I just feel using PayPal adds an extra layer of security for me.

Sent from my iPad using iCafe Forums

10. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

If you can try it still somewhere, I wouldn't be worried. It worked fine here. I read about it that no one sees your card information as only the phone is scanned.

11. B89rent89

B89rent89 Member
    Bronze

Used it at Whole Foods today. Easy as 1, 2, 3. It didn't unlock my phone and open Passbook( someone on this Forum said that it would). Maybe I didn't give it a chance, unlocked it myself and opened Passbook and selected credit card. After that it happened so fast I didn't see anything on the phone but did see a series of lights on the swipe terminal and the cashier exclaimed, "There it goes, that's it, have a nice day."

12. rom x

rom x Zealot
    Gold

Clearly someone has to see your account info. weather it's the merchant or apple otherwise why would you even need to put it in?
    as for me i have 100% faith in the bitcoin network. which is why as you can all see i have posted my bitcoin account info for all to try and hack. btw there is well over 50k for anyone who can hack it good luck:)

#72 rom x, Oct 27, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2014
  13. raqball

raqball Evangelist
    Gold

14. rom x

rom x Zealot
    Gold

I beg to differ my friend. do you research and you will find that the bitcoin network has never been hacked and it never will be hacked. now if you keep your bitcoin wallet on a online account like say "mtgox" or something like that and they hack mtgox which has your bitcoins then of course your bitcoins are going to stolen. but that doesn't mean that the bitcoin network was hacked. that just means you put your bitcoins in the wrong place.
    here are 2 very good videos to help you.
    on a side note as you can see by my sig. i have no problems posting my own bitcoin wallet info that currently has over 50k in it now. that 50k is free to anyone who can hack it.

15. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Lifelock. :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  16. raqball

raqball Evangelist
    Gold

Yeah, that dude that was putting his SSN # online and on TV commercials got hacked / identity stolen pretty bad..

#76 raqball, Oct 27, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2014
  17. ednygma

ednygma Contributor
    Bronze

18. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

19. tybirdtybird

tybirdtybird Contributor
    Bronze

None of my cards work with Apple pay :(

20. Zanthe

Zanthe #apple
    Gold

Clearly you're now getting the right cards...or maybe you're holding them wrong. ~Apple