Have you used FaceTime?

Braden

Bronze
Jul 19, 2010
Me, living in the backwoods of Vermont, have never used the best feature on the 4; FaceTime. Unfortunately, none of my friends have gotten the new iPhone. So, I want to know jus how many people have actually facetimed with their friends and if you liked the feature. As well, if you may know if there are any apps that one could webchat with a Computer from an iPhone.

seanwes

Zealot
Gold
Feb 13, 2008
San Antonio, TX
I have used it quite a bit. I live in a big city, and have lots of friends and family that got the iPhone 4. I will be out of town for 5 days at the end of this month, and am glad to have FaceTime to talk with my wife.

Currently there are not any Computer to iPhone video chatting apps. Many were hoping for Skype to be updated with said feature, but such was no the case.

You can call 1-888-FACETIME if you're lonely though.

Braden

Bronze
Jul 19, 2010
Yeah, I downloaded iChatr (before it was taken down) just to see what the quality was like and I was greeted by a man... Who was... Let's say "not in public attire". Never doing that again. Although the quality was pretty good... Too good to be exact for those brief, agonizing seconds... I'm hoping skype will update for video chat soon. Judging by how long it took them to add multitasking, I'd say it'll be awhile.

btitus

Contributor
Silver
Apr 7, 2009
North Carolina
Me, living in the backwoods of Vermont, have never used the best feature on the 4; FaceTime. Unfortunately, none of my friends have gotten the new iPhone. So, I want to know jus how many people have actually facetimed with their friends and if you liked the feature. As well, if you may know if there are any apps that one could webchat with a Computer from an iPhone.
I only know one other person who has the iPhone 4 and I wouldn't have a reason to call him much less use FaceTime. Trying to convince my best buddy to upgrade from his v1....

IPhone warrior

Bronze
Jun 24, 2010
Las Vegas
I face time everyday! I have logged over 12 hrs FaceTime so far. Waiting for my girl to get hers, then there will be a lot more facetiming going on.

dfwgirl

Bronze
Jun 29, 2010
Yeah, I downloaded iChatr (before it was taken down) just to see what the quality was like and I was greeted by a man... Who was... Let's say "not in public attire". Never doing that again. Although the quality was pretty good... Too good to be exact for those brief, agonizing seconds... I'm hoping skype will update for video chat soon. Judging by how long it took them to add multitasking, I'd say it'll be awhile.
I'm sorry, but this is really funny too. Lol

Skb2000

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 1, 2010
Scottsdale, AZ
www.sherrylbuchler.com
Only one of my friends has a 4 and I am not real excited about trying it out with her. I will wait for better opportunities. My daughter says she will upgrade when she is eligible. She bought a 3GS about a year ago.

jarofclay73

Zealot
Gold
Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
I love it. Did it a couple of times already. There are some great practical uses for it. But, unless you want to show your friend something or you're married or have a significant other, then calling is still the best.

toyotaisme

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
so cal
im not sure if you can put number here if you can call my friend jake at 626-625-7215 facetime him. if not allowed delete please

Braden

Bronze
Jul 19, 2010
I just really hope skype updates soon or some other 3rd party app for connecting to PC/Mac. I just never bought it'd be so hard to do so. There are already many apps that use the gyroscope and retina display. Apple even made it so apps can take advantage of FaceTime. What's your timeline for an app like this?