Havin some iPhone problems

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

erfan

Bronze
Nov 21, 2007
Hey
Can someone please tell me what should I do ?
At the mail in iPhone YAHOO I entered my E-mail address in there and i saved it so it sateyed there and it worked perfectly without any problems .. after a while i changed my yahoo! password and in the mail in iPhone it couldnt find any new messages any more , so i tried to change the password from setting , Mail but it sayed the password cant be authorized or somthing like this so i deleted the account , and created the same id with the same name and the same yahoo account but with the new password but it says :
THE user name or password for "imap.apple.mail.yahoo.com" is incorrect .
What should i do ?
And i have tried with a different accont also on yahoo and it worked !
Thanks
-Erfan

erfan

Bronze
Nov 21, 2007
What? I don't understand what you guys are talking about!
Can someone help? I tried to change the password but it gives the same error over and over again. So i tried to get my e-mail by going to www.yahoo.com and it worked.
so can anyone help?

Last edited by a moderator:

meiphones_brill

Silver
Nov 16, 2007
What? I don't understand what you guys are talking about!
Can someone help? I tried to change the password but it gives the same eror over and over again. So i tried to get my e-mail by going to www.yahoo.com and it worked.
so can anyone help?

If a mail client tells you it can't connect because either the username or password are wrong - it's USUALLY - a matter of your username or password being , well, wrong.

Try deleting the mail account and try again. It could be the username and password are right, and you're talking to the wrong mailserver of course.

It could be a connection issue, does happen 1 time in 100 but I would play the odds and say you've mis-keyed some information.

erfan

Bronze
Nov 21, 2007
no I'm sure that I wrote everything correct and I re-typed like 10 times and I even tried with the old password but didn't work !
And I alredy deleted the account and re entered it but still didn't work !

petalmom

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
Does your password begin with a capital letter? If not, when you enter your password, is the shift key (arrow next to the Z) highlighted? If the shift key is highlighted and your password does not begin with a capital letter, touch the shift key to turn it off. Enter your password and see if it works now.

Good luck.

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
No , it isn't that ..
Just to test, you might try typing the password in the login field (so you can see the characters) and see if the auto-correct is changing what your typing to a common word that the phone thinks you meant to type. With the password hidden in asterix's you wont be able to tell.

meiphones_brill

Silver
Nov 16, 2007
Another 'remote' possibility is that the mailbox in question is locked out because it's being read elswhere or just has a stale pop.lock that needs manually flushing. (a damaged spool file usually - and would need the ISP in question to intervene).
Most pop3 servers will report a failed username/password in this instance. This is a slim chance - but you'll know if you're checking this box elsewhere? Just a thought.

Rule this out by making a connection from somewhere else.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
The same thing happened to me last week. I had set a new password and now matter how many times I deleted and reset the account and re-typed the password it wouldn't work.

I went into GMail(do the same thing with Yahoo) and changed the password back to it's original password. I then deleted the account on my phone. Then I reset the password to the I wanted, reset the account on the phone, and it worked.

Also, if you have a mail client on your computer that you also check your mail wth, then sync your iPhone with. You can select to do this in iTunes when your iPhone is plugged in.

- John

erfan

Bronze
Nov 21, 2007
So , I should change my password back to the one it was ? and than delete the account and change it back to the new one and it will work ?
I ll give it a try ..