having a lot of trouble updating otb 1.1.2 that has been updated to 1.1.3

s34nsm411

Feb 11, 2008
edit: in the title, by updating I mean jailbreaking

im trying to jailbreak my friend's iPhone, he originally bought it with 1.1.2 on it and the 4.6 bootloader

what ive done so far is put it in restore mode by holding the two buttons down and releasing one, then using the 1.1.1 firmware to revert back to that. then i used ibrickr to get it out of restore mode, and here is where i start to run into problems. here it gives me an error about having an incorrect sim card inserted, when it is the normal AT&T card. Ive heard this might have to do with my baseband? The tutorials ive read thus far (if i understand them correctly) seems to rely on having an already jailbroken phone so that you can ssh into it to perform some sort of commands. but since i cannot even jailbreak it in the first place then i cannot ssh into it(note: i tried ignoring the sim card error and doing the whole *#307# thing to get into the phone to access jailbreakme.com, this process worked and restarted the phone, except upon restarting it i was still presented with the sim card error prompt and slide for emergency instead of slide to unlock like tutorials say should happen at this point)

can anybody shed some light on what i should try next?

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
the incorrect SIM is going to be there when you dowgrade from 1.13.

restore to 1.1.1 again, and then try unjailing.

s34nsm411

Feb 11, 2008
well restoring to 1.1.1 is the first thing i do

after i restore to 1.1.1 thats when it gives me the sim error. and like i said from there i can successfuly jailbreak by adding prefs: and jailbreakme.com to the contacts and doing it that way, but once it automatically restarts itself after that process i am presented with the same invalid sim and slide for emergency screen

hinzy

Bronze
Feb 6, 2008
well restoring to 1.1.1 is the first thing i do

after i restore to 1.1.1 thats when it gives me the sim error. and like i said from there i can successfuly jailbreak by adding prefs: and jailbreakme.com to the contacts and doing it that way, but once it automatically restarts itself after that process i am presented with the same invalid sim and slide for emergency screen
You will get the sim error all the way through the process until you get back to 1.1.3

What tutorial are you using?

s34nsm411

Feb 11, 2008
You will get the sim error all the way through the process until you get back to 1.1.3

What tutorial are you using?

oh that makes sense, and if that is the case then this tutorial im using isn't exactly iclarified as it implies

http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=630

i get stuck at step 22 where it says after installing installer.app it will return to the home screen but say slide to unlock instead of slide for emergency. also nowhere in these screenshots does it show or mention anything about the sim error which is throwing me off.

i imagine after installing installer there is some method similar to the prefs: method to access the springboard and get to installer to update to 1.1.3? or am i supposed to do this some other way?

hinzy

Bronze
Feb 6, 2008
oh that makes sense, and if that is the case then this tutorial im using isn't exactly iclarified as it implies

http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=630

i get stuck at step 22 where it says after installing installer.app it will return to the home screen but say slide to unlock instead of slide for emergency. also nowhere in these screenshots does it show or mention anything about the sim error which is throwing me off.

i imagine after installing installer there is some method similar to the prefs: method to access the springboard and get to installer to update to 1.1.3? or am i supposed to do this some other way?
there is a very simple way you should check out now
http://forums.everythingicafe.com/t...-3-with-the-full-jailbreak-windows-mac.19789/

Last edited by a moderator: