Having a problem with iOS 5

Discussion in 'iOS Software' started by Ryan Welte, Nov 18, 2011.

1. Ryan Welte

Ryan Welte New Member

I recently purchased a jailbroken iPhone from a friend. I put my AT&T sim card into the phone and it was working perfectly, until I tried to install the iOS 5 software. After downloading it and the installation begin and it seemed like it was finished, it said I had to activate the software. When I tried to activate it, a message appeared and said that I did not have a sim card. Does anybody know what I can do about this?

2. (L)

(L) Contributor
    Bronze

I had that issue before with my first iPhone 4. Just restore the phone as new and it should be good

3. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Can't hurt to also pop out the sim, reseat it and put it back in. Just to make sure the contacts are.... in contact with everything.

4. Ryan Welte

Ryan Welte New Member

I've tried both of those options. I reset the iPhone by plugging it into the computer, turning it on and holding the power and home button. Then I downloaded two different firmwares, 3.13 and 4.35 and tried to just restore my phone to those, but even that wouldn't work. The error message code I got suggested that it might be because my iTunes was not updated, and after updating it I still couldn't restore my phone

5. fijiman

fijiman Contributor
    Silver

You cannot install anything but 5.0.1 firmware....as all else is not signed by Apple..