Having a problem with iOS 5

Nov 18, 2011
I recently purchased a jailbroken iPhone from a friend. I put my AT&T sim card into the phone and it was working perfectly, until I tried to install the iOS 5 software. After downloading it and the installation begin and it seemed like it was finished, it said I had to activate the software. When I tried to activate it, a message appeared and said that I did not have a sim card. Does anybody know what I can do about this?

(L)

Contributor
Bronze
Nov 7, 2010
Arizona
I had that issue before with my first iPhone 4. Just restore the phone as new and it should be good

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
Can't hurt to also pop out the sim, reseat it and put it back in. Just to make sure the contacts are.... in contact with everything.

Nov 18, 2011
I've tried both of those options. I reset the iPhone by plugging it into the computer, turning it on and holding the power and home button. Then I downloaded two different firmwares, 3.13 and 4.35 and tried to just restore my phone to those, but even that wouldn't work. The error message code I got suggested that it might be because my iTunes was not updated, and after updating it I still couldn't restore my phone

fijiman

Contributor
Silver
Feb 13, 2011
UK
You cannot install anything but 5.0.1 firmware....as all else is not signed by Apple..