Having problem with music

Jan 2, 2008
For some reason everything plays just fine except for 3 or 4 cds. Some tracks in those cds don't play at all. I honestly have no idea what the problem is, any suggestion would help a lot. Thanks!

Jan 2, 2008
yes, i used iTunes. Everyone works except for 3 or 4 cds, and it just so happens those are some of my favorites. They work just fine with the ipod.

GailLA

Contributor
Bronze
Nov 13, 2007
Northern IL
Have you physically checked the condition of the CD? Do the same tracks that won't play as CDs play when ripped to MP3 or AAC? Do those same CDs tracks play fine in other media players (WinAMP, Real, WMP, etc.)? I might try copying or ripping the CD and see if that works in spite of not being able to play them directly.

Last but not least, have you cleaned that CD? I use mild dishwashing liquid and plain water to clean dirty optical media. I dry with a clean microfiber cloth. I can personally attest that pizza sauce does not make for good CD playing.

I recently had a DVD from Netflix that just wouldn't play in my DVD burner but that played just fine in my old circa 2000 DVD-ROM Drive. While that wasn't using iTunes, it does show that using a different optical drive can make a diff sometimes. If you need to rip that CD on another computer and then import the files into iTunes for use on the phone that may be a way around it.

P.S. I just saw your answer while I was posting this. I'd try cleaning the CD and ripping again. I'd also delete the tracks from my library (save the original files just in case you can't rip them again). Rip them anew and try again. If you are using MP3 try AAC and vice versa.

Jan 2, 2008
Well I don't have those cds anymore since the songs are saved as mp3's on my computer. I'll try taking the songs off iTunes and putting them back in, but those songs play just fine on my iPod and computer which is weird.

Jan 2, 2008
My next question would be whether or not the CD was a custom CD made by you or whether you purchased it in the store?
purchased, i had a huge collection and about 5 years ago i ripped them all to my computer, and then i lost track of the cd's. So all i have no are the MP3s, the weird thing is that only 3 or 4 songs don't play, while the rest of the tracks do. But on the computer and ipod they work just fine.