Having problems when I make a call

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ernesto eic, Nov 24, 2012.

1. Ernesto eic

Ernesto eic New Member

Hey guys I would really appreciate your help. Whenever I make a call it appears as if I has called from a restricted number. I remember that in the initial set up there was something mentioned about that but I don't remember how to take it off and I can't find where to change it. Like I said I need your help.

2. Disneymom2003

Disneymom2003 Member
    Bronze

Are saying your number does not come up on the phone you are calling? It says blocked? Go to Settings, phone,show my caller ID.

3. Ernesto eic

Ernesto eic New Member

I don't see anywhere where it says that. I've read that before but for the live of god I cannot find anywhere on my phone where it gives you the option to "show caller id". I go to settings, then I clicked phone , but the only options that pop up are"my number", "reply with message", "tty", "change voice mail password", "dial assist" ,"sim pin" and "Verizon services".

4. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

I am not familiar with the Verizon version of the iPhone, however if you open Safari and go to the Bookmarks then open the iPhone User Guide and open the "Phone" section, you should be able to find your answer there. You may have to search a bit to find it but an answer should be there somewhere. Another possibility may require something called a Hard Reset where, with the phone on, you hold down both the Home button and the Sleep/Wake buttons simultaneously for 15-20 seconds or so until the white Apple Logo appears on the screen then release them and wait for the phone to reboot. The last resort would be to restore the phone from your last backup using iTunes or restore the phone as New from iTunes then restore your last backup. Good luck.

5. Disneymom2003

Disneymom2003 Member
    Bronze

I am with AT&T so i cant say. Maybe someone who has Verizion can help.

6. Ernesto eic

Ernesto eic New Member

I figured it out. Turns out that I handset one of my features on my wireless plan to block calls. Silly me