Having some 4s problems

Ltzguy

Zealot
Gold
Jun 22, 2010
Right here
Most of the people in the 4S line were probably OCDers tapping the backs of their iPhones and hearing faint rattles. :)
I forgot to mention that when I went, there was a lot of people there having close to the same problems as me. I don't consider myself OCD if my phone won't make and receive calls correctly. I think I just want a phone that.....works.

Napoleon PhoneApart

Genius
Platinum
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I forgot to mention that when I went, there was a lot of people there having close to the same problems as me. I don't consider myself OCD if my phone won't make and receive calls correctly. I think I just want a phone that.....works.
I never meant to insinuate that the iPhone 4S has no valid problems, just that a lot of people fixate on trivial matters.

Jmbaker429

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 28, 2010
Florida
I'm really not sure if mine rattles or not. I don't walk around tapping the back of my phone all day.

I swear that iPhone owners are some of the most OCD people on earth.

"Ooh! My phone rattles when I tap it."

"My lock screen lags for a split second before it unlocks."

"My home button doesn't feel the same."

"I have a funny feeling in my toe..." (Okay, I borrowed that from Watership Down)
funny. But so true.

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
I can understand Ltzguy's issue(s) though. The loss of sound / speech in a call would be a major issue. A PITA to have to keep going back to exchange for another one a d wondering, OK, so what is THIS one gonna do :(

Ltzguy

Zealot
Gold
Jun 22, 2010
Right here
I can understand Ltzguy's issue(s) though. The loss of sound / speech in a call would be a major issue. A PITA to have to keep going back to exchange for another one a d wondering, OK, so what is THIS one gonna do :(
I know. As I just read this I'm shaking my head. Because I gotta put all my junk back on it. At least ios5 makes it a lot easier. But still. Ugh

Ltzguy

Zealot
Gold
Jun 22, 2010
Right here
Omg! This piece of doodoo just closed out on me twice when posting. I'm about ready to throw this pos into the woods across the street. Ugh!

Jmbaker429

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 28, 2010
Florida
Omg! This piece of doodoo just closed out on me twice when posting. I'm about ready to throw this pos into the woods across the street. Ugh!
don't know of you've already done this but try deleting the EIC app doing a hard reset and re-installing it. That uses to work when the app it'self was having issues but sounds like it be more than that. Good place to start though. If it makes any difference though the app on my phone has been acting up all day today as well

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
Everyone acts like the same thing wouldn't be happening with any other brand of smart phone. It is hit or miss. A mere 5% are going to get " bad phones". Deal with it. Many are really over picky. expect to much.
A 5% fail rate is 1 in 20 on the first phone, 1 in 400 on the second, 1 in 8000 on the third and 1 in 160000 on the fourth. Karma says, Ltz should be a lottery ticket or maybe it's more than 5%.

Apple math/statistical analysis has a long history of fudging the sample groups. I'm guessing the numbers are released by the marketing department and we all know they aren't liable for anything claimed. It's marketing after all, like cigarettes don't have a link to cancer.

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
A 5% fail rate is 1 in 20 on the first phone, 1 in 400 on the second, 1 in 8000 on the third and 1 in 160000 on the fourth. Karma says, Ltz should be a lottery ticket or maybe it's more than 5%.
5% was a number I pulled out of my butt. Was trying to the sugar the statement. Should have just said stop complaining and being picky I guess.

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
5% was a number I pulled out of my butt. Was trying to the sugar the statement. Should have just said stop complaining and being picky I guess.
Right, sounded like an accurate reference.

So what's the deal with having CanadianNemo's pic? Are you the lucky guy in her life?

Ffmaster1

Bronze
Oct 8, 2011
I have problems with volume(music volume is not at maximum as it shows until i play some ringtone,then backs to normal),safari,imessage,notifications and weird screen bling when changing between apps and unlocking but just sometimes on ip 4 after upgrade to ios 5...it continues after twice restore so imma take it back within couple of days!

Ltzguy

Zealot
Gold
Jun 22, 2010
Right here
Funny thing is I haven't had problems with calling or receiving calls the past few days. I would have said the same thing about the Internet, but I was just posting on camaro5.com and it closed out on me. Hadn't done it in a while up until tonight.

adambodkins

Bronze
Jul 15, 2008
Interesting thread to say the least. But I will throw my own comments in. My phone is deformed. Literally. I have taken it to Apple numberous times. Random dropped signal, battery, touch screen, blah blah blah. But the biggest problem with mine is the casing yes a physical issue with the phone. My phone has never been dropped or abused. But about two days after purchasing my friend noticed what seems to be a flaw. The left side ( looking at the front) where the antenna is. Is actually sticking out away from the phone. I have taken the issue to Apple many times now. No resolution. They are complacent that I dropped it. I asked them to show me any physical evidence of such and each time they look like idiots. Non the less the last time got under my skin enough that I have decided to write the infamous likely to be unanswered email to Apple. I say in answered due to being 7 days now. No answer. And I made sure to take pictures and attach in the email of every angle I could imagine.

My question is has anyone else noticed their iPhone 4s with a design issue? Or am I really the only one out there. If it helps mine was purchased through radio shack on launch day. Due to not wanting to fight the crowd.

ZenFury

Nov 28, 2011
On the 5% being a growing chance. That is a common misunderstanding. It remains one in 20. Always.

On the 4s issues. I am going to write out mine on my iPad and send it to myself so ivan copy and paste here, because guess what, my EVERYTHING force closes. Half the apps won't load at all.

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
Hope it turns out like the "wife said no" note. :)

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
On the 5% being a growing chance. That is a common misunderstanding. It remains one in 20. Always.
That isn't particulary true. Many factors as that he removed one of the one in twenties from the equation. Granted it doesn't go to one in 400 but it doesn't remain one in twenty. Always.
Neither here nor there. The 5% argument is made up anyways Apple will never realease that info.

rom x

Zealot
Gold
Jan 18, 2011
actually last reports shows it's more like 20-25% so out of 400 that's a min of 80 handsets that have problems.