Having some Trouble Jailbreaking

FlwrPwer

Evangelist
Gold
Aug 7, 2008
Montgomery, NY
Ok, so I'm following the tutorial on how to jailbreak using QuickPwn for Macs.

I got all the files, but I cannot mount the QuickPwn_2.2.dmg file on my computer.

I keep getting it's "not recognized"

How do I fix this issue?

Any help. I'm using a brand new iMac. I'm trying to jailbreak my 8 gig 3G. I've never jailbroken before.

Please help me :)

FlwrPwer

Evangelist
Gold
Aug 7, 2008
Montgomery, NY
Update: I redownloaded the .dmg and I got it to mount.

The phone is all done and I have cydia and installer on my screens. Not really sure where to go from here.

How do I get winterboard so I can get a theme?

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
Open up Cydia & on the home page, select "featured packages". This will give you a list of the popular apps in Cydia. Scroll down until you see WinterBoard. It should be under the "Free Applications" section. Install it. Reboot your phone. Go back into Cydia & select "Sections". Scroll down until you see themes folders. Just select the one you would like to browse. Most of the themes will have screen shots to give you an idea of what it will look like. After you installed a theme, go back to WinterBoard & select it. I always recommend rebooting your phone after making changes to it(adding/deleting apps). If you decide you want to delete an app installed from Cydia, just go back into Cydia & select "Manage". Then, select "packages. This is where you will see all apps installed from Cydia thats currently on your iPhone. Finally, scroll down until you see the app you want to delete. Select the app, select "Modify" & finally "Remove". If this is your first time Jailbreaking, you've just opened up a whole new world for your iPhone. Good luck & enjoy modding.

FlwrPwer

Evangelist
Gold
Aug 7, 2008
Montgomery, NY
Got it thanks....

Nobody responded, so I just sorta played around with it myself. Figured it out.

Not sure I like the Twilight theme though. The damn icons have no pictures!