Having trouble installing iOS 7 after repair

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by E_Dub, Aug 19, 2013.

1. E_Dub

E_Dub Member
    Bronze

I recently had to send my phone back to Apple for repair. They sent me a new phone. I've been unable to install iOS 7 on the new phone. I keep getting the software update server could not be reached, try again later. I've tried from several computers in different locations. Has anyone else had this issue?

Sent using iCafe app

2. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Was your old phone's UDID registered under a developer account?

3. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

And is the UDID for the new phone registered? You didn't need to have it registered to install beta 1 in iTunes, but it's expired and the current betas require a registered UDID before you can install them in iTunes. OTA updates still work without it, but you have to have that initial install through iTunes.

4. E_Dub

E_Dub Member
    Bronze

I have had the UDID of my new phone registered. I updated my host file thinking that would solve the problem. It did not help.

Sent using iCafe app

5. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

The hosts file needs to be set to Apple (default setting). If you're using Windows, make sure your LAN settings are set to automatically detect and temporarily disable your antivirus program.

6. E_Dub

E_Dub Member
    Bronze

Host file updated for the 2nd time. Finally was able to install iOS 7. Thanks for the replies!

Sent using iCafe app