Having trouble syncing photos from PC to iPhone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Aug 15, 2007
I used to have a sidekick and i transfered all my pictures from its memory card onto my computer and i synced them to my iPhone. For some reason, about 30 of them didn't transfer onto the iPhone

im having the same problem with certain wallpapers that i get off of the internet .. is there something im doing wrong? or is it just the pictures don't want to show up

please help

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 15, 2007
Well the pictures that do sync and don't sync all appear to b the same to me except they are different sizes obviously .. It seems to pick and choose which pictures it wants to sync to the phone

Joel G

Aug 18, 2007
Not able to sync photos from pc

I have windows and I am having the same problem. Only some photos show up. I looked at the online manual and it says in order to sync the computer photos on the iPhone you need:

On a Mac:
iPhoto 4.0.3 or later
On a PC: Adobe Photoshop Album 2.0 or later or Adobe Photoshop Elements 3.0 or later

I don't have the photoshop applications, which I don't believe are available for free. I am thinking about buying one of these applications.

Any new info?​

Joel

Aug 15, 2007
pics

i wouldn't go and buy that because u can get a trial version or something like that .. but i believe i fixed my problem

for the pictures that wont sync onto the phone, i took and opened them with paint and then resaved them as a jpeg to make the file size smaller and all of them synced to the phone after that so i would try that before anything else .. it fixed my problem.

Joel G

Aug 18, 2007
Thanks,

Is "paint" a mac thing. The files I have are all jpeg already. But the one file that did transfer was the smallest of all, so maybe it is a size thing.

Joel

Aug 15, 2007
No paint is on windows .. Jus right click on the picture and go to open with and then select paint .. Once u have the picture in paint go to save as and then make sure its a jpeg and then save and sync and it should show up

Joel G

Aug 18, 2007
Thanks !

That did it. I put the photos on an external media drive and the iPhone picked them up easy.

It appears to be a vista-iphone bug.

Thanks,
Joel